1965 Nissan Cedric

General & Technical discussion about other Nissan/Datsun cars
merlin
Supporter

Post by merlin »

the Coqui- Hell -eh! highway is trying to kill me, no joke!... i load up the unobtainium cedric windshield(20,000 yen, plus 80,000 yen shipping!) into my 06 Tacoma from UPS at Yvr... drivng home just near Merritt after traversing about 60 miles of pack ice, heavy snow and stalled jackknived semis... a truck coming the other way lobs an egg sized rock right through my drivers side window, showering me in glass while i try not to freak out driving 65mph on ice... of all the ironies the rock lands in my motorbike helmet laying on the back seat... ahh winter in Canada.
Merlin from Datsunhistory.com

"test mule? I don't need no stinkin' test mule... Bert Vorgon is my test mule"
hang_510
Supporter

Re: 1965 Nissan Cedric

Post by hang_510 »

:shock: damn :!:

new souvenier :?:
byron wrote:I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.
okayfine wrote:Sense doesn't always have everything to do with it, and I speak from experience.
geoffdavies

Post by geoffdavies »

Hey Merlin,

This 1965 nissan cedric originally belonged to me before Ross. I donated it to him when we moved to Salmon Arm 11 years ago. I did actually aquire a windshield for it from Australia but somebody put their foot through it and broke it in transit. So the only other possibility for me driving the vehicle was to fabricate and install Lexan. My only concern was you had to wax it before it rained because the wipers would have scratched it . I hand rewound the wiper motor and the lift gate back glass motor when I first got it. Did Ross give you all 3 of the motors I had that went with the car? Also I orginally had a lp31 cedric wagon and drove it from 78 to 87. I bought the wagon for $50.00 from a muffler shop in South Delta and the cedric sedan I found in a back alley in Vancouver and paid $250.00 for it. Anyways thought you might like to hear about the cedric history. E-mail if you have any other questions.
Cheers,
Geoff Davies
http://www.crowning@telus.net
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Merlin,

I know it's not cheap, but my father just had a custom laminated windshield made for his chop to 53 Ford Custom - he made the "mold" and it still ran him $800 for the glass. But it did come with a DOT sticker - so it's an approved piece of glass.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
merlin
Supporter

Post by merlin »

Damn Geoff... I've been looking for you! Can I get you to sign me some transfer papers so I can do this the easy way? I picked up a windshield out of Japan this winter, so I'm all good on that front... the brake MC is shot though, so that has to be fixed.

Merlin

merlin
Supporter

Post by merlin »

cedricwagonlightside.jpg
cedtailfr.jpg

merlin
Supporter

Post by merlin »

ced009.jpg
cedric spindlerear.jpg
brake spindles
Attachments
cedricspindfr.jpg

merlin
Supporter

Re: 1965 Nissan Cedric- Vintage nissan emblam

Post by merlin »

new emblem i picked up off ebay...
nissanebayemblem.jpg
can't figure out what car(or truck) it came off of.

Edit: linked here http://www.explorewellsgray.com/kermit a few pics down sitting on the book...