My POS FWD FX16 DD

View and post your Nissan/Datsun project(s)
benz-tech
Supporter

My POS FWD FX16 DD

Post by benz-tech » 10 Mar 2010 19:24

I bought my 510 a car, so that it can remain in the garage during inclement weather (and, well, the occasional engine rebuild). I'll put pics up when I take some, however, its not pretty. $200 doesn't buy a lot even in a slow economy. I do love revving the piss out of the 4AGE and will do some light modifications to make it "faster". I'll update this project soon. Will have updates for the engine build on the 510 soon also. I'm getting antsy...

Byron510

Re: My POS FWD FX16 DD

Post by Byron510 » 10 Mar 2010 22:45

You know, we never got that model up here in Canuckville - it's a shame. They make great ice race cars, rally cars and an awesome platform for a solo II car! There are a bunch of guys out east that were stuffing all forms of bridge ported and Peripheral Port 13B's in those FX's - scared the hell out of the V8 crowd! Neat stuff. And saved the miles on the 510 where you don't want to add them up - win,win! 8)
Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.

benz-tech
Supporter

Re: My POS FWD FX16 DD

Post by benz-tech » 14 Mar 2010 08:21

No rotaries for mine. Cali smog gods won't allow it. And the wife clearly stated that every dime that goes into the toyota will not be going into the datsun.
I however can't leave anything alone so I plan to: ring it, lap the valves, put a 7afe headgasket in .6mm vs 1.2mm
K&N filter with some extra air feed to the box. and build a 2" exhaust out of mercedes catalyst pipes i have laying around after the cats are recycled. The latter should turn out real pretty :roll:
after spending the $132 to accomplish this, I expect somwhere around a 4hp gain at the wheels, which BTW are BMW e30 bottlecaps. :lol: this thing has 24hrs/lemons written all over it, but not literally.