The New Hanger

View and post your Nissan/Datsun project(s)
510wizard
Supporter

The New Hanger

Post by 510wizard »

Well, the wife and I decided to get a new house after 28 years of living in our current house. Spent a year plus looking for the right place, see had her wish list and I had mine. I wanted a place to store the Datsun's,display models, art, etc that wasn't in the area that I was doing fabrication and a enough property to build a new workshop. We finally found a place that meet both of our needs, I get a four garage, she gets a two car and the house is on an acre parcel, so I have room to build a new workshop. We have been slowly getting ready for the move, paint, tile, audio/video, etc., in the new house and going though the stuff that we have accumulated over the past 28 years in the old house. Moved some of the Datsun's over and started doing a little decorating.

The Hangers

Room to stack cars

The single car garage, the previous owner used this as a workshop

Started the decorating, lots more to get framed.

A original Datsun ad that Pete Brock found in his stuff. He also signed it!

This is one of my favorites, a 2 of 20, Telly Sahara print. Much thanks to Bill Fant for scoring this for me!

This is the start of a long journey- more to come. More art, models, car lift ,cabinets, workshop. Bad thing is, no time to work on cars!
Bike papa
Supporter

Re: The New Hanger

Post by Bike papa »

Very Nice!
it's a Win-Win when you achieve a balance between your wife's needs and your's.
You can't say enough about having enough space to build a proper workshop
I consider myself to be among the fortunate few to have that kind of space.
having built a stand alone 600sq ft workshop a few years ago.
it was originally meant for Bicycles but works just fine for my car.

Following your thread i know your shop will be the envy of the Realm.

Perfect!!!

BP
1971 Datsun 510 2 door
08 VW R32
69 BSA 650 Firebird Scrambler
Too Many Bicycles
510wizard
Supporter

Post by 510wizard »

Thanks for the compliments. Even though it's not a perfect house, it's a good compromise for both of us. The location is close to shopping, restaurants, highways. It would be in an area that is like Red Rock in Vegas. We figured that real estate wasn't going to be any cheaper than now, and we aren't getting any younger, so we pulled the trigger. Hopefully I will get the plans for the new workshop drawn up in the next month or so. I am going to try for a 28x36 main shop area plus extra a 8x16 storage on the back for the air compressor, digital phase convertor, lawn mower, pressure washer, snow blower, etc. Basically the same arrangement that I have now at the old house, just slightly bigger. The big difference is that I won't be using the workshop to store cars, just for work.
shacks510

Post by shacks510 »

All you need to do now is build a loft to sleep in, and you'll never have to leave that garage! That's a true man-cave. :lol:
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

Wow! that's a really nice place Monte! Have you started on the shop yet? better get busy!!!
510wizard
Supporter

Post by 510wizard »

Yesterday, I received the development drawing for the new workshop. Next step to the architectural review committee for their approval.

Also, looked what showed up for the "hanger"

10 piece Newage pro cabinets.
two_68_510s
Supporter

Post by two_68_510s »

Xmas in April!
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
imtb