s10 so ugly its beautiful

View and post your Nissan/Datsun project(s)
RMS
Supporter

s10 so ugly its beautiful

Post by RMS »

I know you guys will think im crazy but I went and looked at the 78 200sx listed on cl http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/nvn/c ... 78426.html
very stock and complete car interior was nice but the column cover was smashed, some wrinkling vinyl on the doors and headliner. the rear seats had sun fade on the headrests and the driver seat was bagged. with the wear on the seats pedals and steering wheel. i suspect the odometer has been around and 177000 was more realistic. under the bonnet was beautiful, motor sounded strong and nothing was missing, even the smog pump was chuffin away. the chrome work on the car was great no pits or peals and only the grill badge was missing. if i had not welded up so many 510s I would have laid out the cash. I think the car sat in the weeds covered in moss for many years as there was cancer where the seals sit and the inner rear 1/4s. the car was too nice to hack but not worth preservation and needed more love than I am willing to give. however I still want one I think with a bit of work and imagination a 200sx could look like a baby c130.
ImageImageImage
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
datzenmike
Supporter

Re: s10 so ugly its beautiful

Post by datzenmike »

It's a hefty price but looks good in the dark. If it had nice rims and tires, 5 speed, good working brakes and steering, started and ran good and no missing parts or hacked wiring I guess. Front needs lower to match the sag? in back. Haven't seen one in ten years. I think you would call them one of the first personal sport luxury cars by Datsun.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes »

Do you know what we used to call 200Sx's back in the early 80's?
Donor cars for 510's!
This one fits the bill but not for that price. I think there was a guy on here who had a pretty nice silver one many years ago.
McShagger510

Post by McShagger510 »

defdes wrote:Do you know what we used to call 200Sx's back in the early 80's?
Donor cars for 510's!
Ha Ha that's what I was thinking too.

James
The person with the sun in their eyes has the right of way. - my brother

'72 2dr. 510 Turbo
'73 240Z all stock
'71 2dr. 510 stock......for now
'91 Nissan truck *SOLD*
'02 TOYOTA Tacoma
'78 Kawasaki Z1-R
'84 Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo
'99 Kawasaki ZRX1100