Bus

View and post your Nissan/Datsun project(s)
imtb

Bus

Post by imtb »

I picked this up last fall, It had been sitting in the woods for 40 years since 1970. I been working on it all winter and finally got it running. I replaced front floor, cargo floor, doglegs both sides, inner and outer rockers. Rebuilt brakes,new brake lines, put in a freeway flyer tranny, 1835 eng. dual kards,. It doesn't even look like I did anything to it! Oh added safari in the front and rear.

okayfine
Supporter

Re: Bus

Post by okayfine »

Why can people up north pull those out of the woodwork, but here in SoCal that would be $10K, before the work that's already been done?

In other words: jealous!
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

That is rad!!! I love my bus! Also they are so fun to fix up. The replacement sheet metal is super cheap and easy to get. Do you have pictures of the build or how you found it?

There is a pic of my bus in this thread. http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.ph ... 5&start=15
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
imtb

Post by imtb »

This Bus has kicked my ass and then some, my hands are finally healing up after being cut, bunred and smashed from working on it everyday! I have pics of everything and need to post up the process. I probably put it up on the samba. Having all the sheet metal availabe is a plus but it still a lot of cut and fitting and welding. Not many parts bolt on. It has 11,000 spot welds on it. The metal may look old and rusty but that shit holds on. Here is a couple more pics.
OG wheel, knobs,wiper switch,shifter with trucker ext.

Went for some show!

icehouse

Post by icehouse »

dude!!!!!!!

Looks killer!
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
dcuplover

Post by dcuplover »

another bus guy!! great to see. I have a few myself that I need to do stuff to, just like my 510.... too busy sitting on my ass to get anything done...
Bike papa
Supporter

Post by Bike papa »

Like!
1971 Datsun 510 2 door
08 VW R32
69 BSA 650 Firebird Scrambler
Too Many Bicycles