Project SR20DET A31 Cefiro

View and post your Nissan/Datsun project(s)
4BangerA31

Project SR20DET A31 Cefiro

Post by 4BangerA31 »

Hello guys,

I'm quite new here but have been lurking around for quite sometime and noticed that the atmosphere in this forum is cozy and friendly...
So yeah..

My first car that started it all back when I was attending Texas A&M was an S13 coupe KA24DET (home-made turbo setup)...
It was a dailydriver, regular autocrosser & drifter
But those days were gone..
I sold the S13 and moved to the other side of the world...

till this day, I still remembered how the s13 handles and wished that I still owned it..
Its been 2 years now and I spent the whole year of 2005 building an A31 cefiro (Same exact chassis design.. only longer wheelbase, basically its an S13 with longer wheelbase & 4 door)

I couldn't find an S13, S14, & s15 down here since it was never sold to the market in this miserable country.. so I have to settle with an A31 cefiro
Right now this car is up and running but I don't drive it around much since I'm focused more on my/our 510 race-car..
But early next year, I have a plan of turning this Cefiro into an all-round weekend racer (Time attack, autocross, occasional road race events)..
The A31 spec as of now:
S13 SR20DET (Stock T25)
Microtech LT10 standalone
Custom FMIC
Custom Pipings
Custom turbo manifold
Stock suspensions
SSR hiro 16x7fr & 16x8rr (same wheels that I used in my S13)

My plans:
Fully caged
Stripped interior (bare minimum)
working A/C (its frikkin hot down here)
fully adjustable sus. arms
GT2871R
550cc inj. (maybe 720cc.. we'll see)
and much more..
My power goal will be a reliable 350rwhp..

its gonna be tough since parts are very expensive down here and very hard to come by...
I'm gonna have to DIY most of the parts..
This country is filled with a bunch of Toyota fans (mainly 4age & 3sgte) so looking for Toyota parts is like 100000000 times easier..

But yeah.. this post will be where I'm gonna update my work in progress starting next year (hopefully)

stay tuned

and thanks for reading
caesarDX

Re: Project SR20DET A31 Cefiro

Post by caesarDX »

4BangerA31 wrote:Hello guys,

I'm quite new here but have been lurking around for quite sometime and noticed that the atmosphere in this forum is cozy and friendly...
Apple pie and hot chocolate at my place this weekend.
Welcome to the board! :D
1984 Renault R5 Turbo2 - L' Enfant Terrible
1989 BMW E30 M3 "God's Chariot"
2001 Renault Clio V6 Sport Phase 1
1999 Nissan Skyline R34 GTR V-Spec
RWD_NissanMan
Supporter

Post by RWD_NissanMan »

Sorry if I missed it but what country are you referring to?? I am currently in Mexico on business and it is friggin' hot here too! All I have seen around here are a bunch of Nissan Tsuru's (Mexican built Sentra??). Nothing as nice as your Ceffy.
1969 Datsun 510 4-door (donor shell for below)
1973 Datsun 510 SR20DET (sort of broken right now)
1998 Suzuki Escudo (JDM Sidekick Sport) 2.0TD 4x4 (daily driver)
2006 Ford Explorer 4.6 V8 3V 4x2 (wife's ride)
2005 & 2006 Targa Newfoundland Entrant
cocobitzzNP

Re: Project SR20DET A31 Cefiro

Post by cocobitzzNP »

4BangerA31 wrote:Hello guys,

I couldn't find an S13, S14, & s15 down here since it was never sold to the market in this miserable country.. so I have to settle with an A31 cefiro
Man thats horrible to hear someone say. I would kill for a cefiro in Washington! Dont nay say the A31 hahaha and what country are you in? Because Ive never seen a legal Cefiro in the states, and Ive never heard anyone say finding SR parts would be hard there friggin everywhere now.