My new Datsun 610

View and post your Nissan/Datsun project(s)
duke
Supporter

Re: My new Datsun 610

Post by duke »

Another idea for bumpers is to use 510 ones. I bet they would be easier to find than the JDM 610 ones. I know that there is a bit of fab work involved to get them mounted though.

Cool car, I've always liked 610's. Same chassis as a 510 but with some really cool styling. I say lower it alot with some wide panasport style wheels to fill out the fenders.
Duke Schimmer

'72 2-Door 510
"Simplify and add lightness."
defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes »

Yes! What he said. Keep the wheels age appropriate. I MIGHT have a set of decent 510 bumpers if you are looking....
nbesheer

Post by nbesheer »

I'm not sure, what 510 bumpers would look like though, the 610 bumpers are pretty large and so are the recesses in the body where they go, so putting a smaller bumper there might look odd with such a large hole behind it. But I'll keep that in mind, mostly want to get the interior done, so would corbeau brackets for the 510 fit the 610? I just realized I can not register it until I insure it!!! that's just more time I can't drive it.
thisismatt
Supporter

Post by thisismatt »

Do you not have insurance for another car? Just takes a phone call for me to put insurance on/off a vehicle :P
I'm your huckleberry.
duke
Supporter

Post by duke »

Here is a 610 with 510 bumpers...

Edit: Man, I hate how the new format cuts the images off...heres the link to the full size one:
http://datsun510.com/photopost/data/3487/102today2.jpg
Duke Schimmer

'72 2-Door 510
"Simplify and add lightness."
nbesheer

Post by nbesheer »

That doesn't look too bad, I might have to go through with that somewhere down the line, and the flares are nice too, are those 240Z ZG flares ?. And I lost my keys...
hang_510
Supporter

Post by hang_510 »

duke wrote:Here is a 610 with 510 bumpers...
nice bluebirds in the background
byron wrote:I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.
okayfine wrote:Sense doesn't always have everything to do with it, and I speak from experience.
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

even John Morton's is there....
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
510rob

Post by 510rob »

oh man, you guys are beyond hope!
nbesheer

Post by nbesheer »

hahaha that's so funny! Well quick update on the car... Put $10.00 in gas and it all fell out the exhaust pipe haha, this thing is running pretty rich, but it has a Nikki carb on it so i'm going to have to figure out what exactly a carb does (I'm from the FI era lol) and I gotta clean up the plates hopefully tomorrow, and also figure out what engine is in it, some form of L4, not sure if it's an L18 or L20 but I'll know more tomorrow. Gotta pick up some acetone... and gloves
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

510rob wrote:oh man, you guys are beyond hope!
i bet John even planned the picture that way... what does that make him?
I say GENIUS!
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
nbesheer

Post by nbesheer »

Well got an update here. Changed the old dirty oil. and noticed that the dip stick is in the front of the engine instead of the back where it is on my Z. Now on the back in the normal position is a dip stick tube that has been crimped. Is this normal ? I'm afraid to use the dipstick as it might not be accurate in the front. Anyways some help on that would be nice, also how much oil do I put in ? I found some information on an L18 but it was from a tuck at 5qts.

EDIT: I also soaked the license plates in gasoline and all the black paint is removed, the yellow is still there, so I think I'm just going to run with one plate for now and find someone to powercoat the other the original colors hopefully.
hang_510
Supporter

Post by hang_510 »

nbesheer wrote: Now on the back in the normal position is a dip stick tube that has been crimped. Is this normal ? I'm afraid to use the dipstick as it might not be accurate in the front. Anyways some help on that would be nice, also how much oil do I put in ? I found some information on an L18 but it was from a tuck at 5qts.
crimp is common.
5 qts, then check @ OT w/dipstik to verify level is correct.
i 'calibrated' mine this way :lol:
byron wrote:I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.
okayfine wrote:Sense doesn't always have everything to do with it, and I speak from experience.