Merlin ,have you figured out up all night sleep all day
510Freak
Supporter

Re: How about music

Post by 510Freak »

Alright here we go,
A good weekend no worky..
Heres one..
18 and life..(oh my I am really this old :shock: ,a heck you are as young as you feel and I feel 19 :wink: ) :mrgreen:
johnbureezu

Post by johnbureezu »

The Sword! Iron Swan!!!!
Joy Division, The Stone Roses, Old Metallica.... :mrgreen:
http://easytunegarage.blogspot.com/
joker72z

Post by joker72z »

I just read this post and it's good to know that I'm not the nly one who listened to such a wide variety of cool and eclectic music. I was a club DJ in Ontario for 10 years and actually worked for Van Halen in 1993 when thy played at Molson park in Barrie on Canada Day. I can honestly say that whenever I am in a crummy mood, I listen to old songs from the good old days and I feel SOOOO much better. It's like therapy. I sold my collection of vinyl when I got married and the count was just under 7000 pieces. The guy needed a cube van to haul it away...needless o say I cried a little when he left. I cried more when I kicked my wife out and realized I didn't have my tunes anymore...LOL

How about Love and Rockets, Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, Front 242 (headhunter rocks), Sniff and the tears (Driver's Seat is a great driving song). The new wave of the 80's was probabaly one of my favorite times and the bands were so cool...Depeche Mode, OMD, pet Shop Boys, Flock of Seagulls, Gene loves Jezebel, Ministry, Nine inch Nails and of course New Order. The Cult probably stands out as one of my all time favorites ( She Sells sanctuary still makes me speed when I listen to it).

Anyone got a time machine...I'd like to live that decade over again.
Never start vast projects with half-vast ideas
1971 510 2dr, 58KM original
1/74- 260Z, 66K orig miles - SOLD
1/73- 510 2 door bare shell - SOLD
510Freak
Supporter

Post by 510Freak »

joker72z wrote: I can honestly say that whenever I am in a crummy mood, I listen to old songs from the good old days and I feel SOOOO much better. It's like therapy.

Anyone got a time machine...I'd like to live that decade over again.

Yes It does take a sour mood too better heights..
I myself like taking a 510 on a dark windey road ,Good old hair band music killing my ears,
And no one else on that road well you get the picture.. :shock:
Have done did scare myself a few times but made the mood all better :wink:

I too want that time Machine,
Ahh heck go out the garage sit in you 510 and listen to the music is about as close to a time machine I can get.. :mrgreen:
Pcar

Post by Pcar »

joker72z wrote:How about Love and Rockets, Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, Front 242 (headhunter rocks), Sniff and the tears (Driver's Seat is a great driving song). The new wave of the 80's was probabaly one of my favorite times and the bands were so cool...Depeche Mode, OMD, pet Shop Boys, Flock of Seagulls, Gene loves Jezebel, Ministry, Nine inch Nails and of course New Order. The Cult probably stands out as one of my all time favorites ( She Sells sanctuary still makes me speed when I listen to it).
Ditto on "She Sells Sanctuary." There are some great bands there (Bauhaus, Sisters, Ministry, NIN, The Cult). Joy Division's "24 Hours" is a great driving song, and The Pixies have a few great driving songs ("The Happening" immediately comes to mind). Anybody here listen to Assemblage 23 (from Seattle) or The Birthday Massacre (Vancouver)? I highly recommend both.
510Freak
Supporter

Post by 510Freak »

Heres a hard one .
Stairway to heaven..
First one who gets it right..
Wins
:mrgreen:
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

We'll see who gets dated here.....bring on the 8 track....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gChOifUJ ... re=related
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Had a reverb hooked to my 8 track
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Jeez Mike, so did I, Radio Shack! Little box with fake wood grain on the front. I still have around here, an FM radio cartridge thingy, that plugs into an 8 track. You and I lived the same thing, that's for sure.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Used to drive to Buffalo (drinking age 19?) and tear around down there. Got one at some discount store for $20... crap that was 1/3 my paycheck or 4 tanks full of gas! And, yeah, it had a wood grain decal for across the front!!!

Glen Campbell would be singing about the Wichita lineman as you hit a man hole cover and there's a loud BONG. :lol: :lol: gypsies tramps and thieves BONG :lol: :lol: :lol: Mac Arthur Park...BONG BOng bong bong... Oh God stop me.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Wow, Mac Arthur Park, now there's a flash back. For me it was cruising between the Langley A & W, to the Dog'N'Suds in Surrey, into Vancouver along Kingsway, downtown Vancouver, listening to the first FM station in Vancouver, with a DJ that called himself(s), the DWEEZIL Sisters (Kinda like Wolfman Jack in L.A.). They would talk about the drag racing going on on Seymour Street, or down on Granville. I was in my Chevy Delray, 3 on the tree, straight six, Thrush Muffler....no power...phhhhtttt...phhhttttt.....

Keith Law
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

'64 Dodge slant six, 318 two bbl, three in the tree, dual exhaust (walker continentals)and wide oval tires. BONG

Creep into the A&W in north Oshawa where the serious racers are across the street swapping in their racing plugs for a quarter mile run up on Harmony Rd. Geez, a few years later I came back with a new '70 Dart. Never raced there, just looked cool.
hang_510
Supporter

Post by hang_510 »

datzenmike wrote:... a loud BONG. :lol: :lol: gypsies tramps and thieves BONG
:lol:
SHE was at the Ventura Raceway last weekend BONo

:mrgreen: 8-track dynamite boxes.

OK 510freak what'd i win :?: reunion concert tickets :lol:
they first payed that song 37 years ago, about the same time my sedan was coming off the line 8)
byron wrote:I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.
okayfine wrote:Sense doesn't always have everything to do with it, and I speak from experience.