My friends up north. Anyone willing to inspect/ship a DH bik

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
benz-tech
Supporter

My friends up north. Anyone willing to inspect/ship a DH bik

Post by benz-tech »

I sold my 6-yr-old Specialzed Big hit and have been surfing Pinkbike everyday for weeks. Even though Northern cali has a strong DH crowd, it is nothing compared to Canada. Simply put you have more used DH bikes for sale.

I don't have the dough for a $5500 DH bike so I'm looking for a used NOT abused one and that is a bit difficult to find. I don't want to inherit someone else's POS.

I'm willing to pay for your time. But since I dont yet have a specific bike on the line, I'm not sure who to ask just yet. Just putting it out there. I'm hoping for something in BC, but there is one in Alberta that I'm waiting to hear back about. Large areas I realize. I'll know more in a few days I hope.

If it works out, thanks in advance
Creepy Cruiser

Re: My friends up north. Anyone willing to inspect/ship a DH

Post by Creepy Cruiser »

bikeaudi (a member on here) actually owns a high end bike shop here in Spokane WA. Maybe PM him and ask him what he's got used right now (you never know). He ships bikes all the time.
This is why they call me Creepy.
The Creepy Cruiser ( My Bagged 65' Caddy Hearse), AND YES, "I DRAG THE HELL OUT OF IT." LOL. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/753364
m33pm33p
Supporter

Post by m33pm33p »

Yes there is no where else in the world with the passion for mtb'ing we have. My suggestion would be to check out pinkbike.com and nsmb.com If you see something you like I can check it out if it's local to Vancouver bc canada. Otherwise you are going to have to look at pictures and gamble. Used bikes are always RIDDEN, some by girls, and some by people who actually ride. You want the girly ridden ones. Give us a price range, your height, and weight and riding style. I'll do my best to help a fellow biker.
benz-tech
Supporter

Post by benz-tech »

I'm all over Pinkbike. I'm looking for a small, Intense M6, Cover Shocker or other DH rig that does not have too long of a wheelbase. Demo 8's are out. No older than 08 model. No more that 40lbs, only witha Boxxer W/C or 40 RC2.
budget will be around $2500 including shipping. I know I'm asking for a lot, but I AM patient. They're all asking around 3k and up for said bikes, I just need to find the guy who is willing to deal a bit.
I'll look into the other site and the bike shop as well, thanks for the info.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

REMEMBER THIS DAY.....

Just thought some might like to see what Whistler xc is like..that's Benztech in the green jersey.

Trail is RIVER RUNS THROUGH IT

I just picked up a really nice Kona Dawg for my brother on Craig's list.
Attachments
Riding the stunts.JPG
Riding the stunts.JPG (216.67 KiB) Viewed 4289 times
IMG_4506.JPG
IMG_4506.JPG (238.53 KiB) Viewed 4289 times
IMG_4526.JPG
IMG_4526.JPG (198.48 KiB) Viewed 4289 times
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
m33pm33p
Supporter

Post by m33pm33p »

Wow I see some old school bomber z2's in that picture. VINTAGE!

Finding a 40 pound intense for $2500 is nearly impossible, but I'll try my best.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Yes, my son threw a bike together from parts in our basement. He now has my old Fox fork on there. That was a Rocky Mountain Hammer frame, and then he put all his old race bits on there
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
benz-tech
Supporter

Post by benz-tech »

Kieth, what those pictures don't show was the pucker factor- esp when riding over the creek. That trip help my riding progression 10fold! When riding alone in Idaho at a park this summer I hit a 24' road gap. Shorted it a bit, but I still hit it. It was loooonng but only 4' of vertical. Anyway...

I Got one!!!!! I just landed a small Intense socom. its in Whistler. anyone close?
only am paying $2300 for it- it looks to be very well taken care of, but am open to suggestions to verify
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

This bridge...? Or the one over the River of Dreams.

I'm not close to Whistler...sorry..

Maybe we will see you next summer, we found a new cross country trail up above Lost Lake, which I think you would like,
as it would be a real ripper, with lots of suspension travel.
Attachments
on the edge.JPG
on the edge.JPG (208.7 KiB) Viewed 4238 times

Keith Law
benz-tech
Supporter

Post by benz-tech »

I might have to start another thread with whistler in the title. I've love to get up there next summer. with my new bike!