AIRCARE

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
bertvorgon
Supporter

AIRCARE

Post by bertvorgon »

Well.....the renewed the tax grab for another 10 years..AIRCARE continues.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
510rob

Re: AIRCARE

Post by 510rob »

yay. another victory for the people.

:cry:
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

You haven't heard the worst of it yet. Translink has been shot down by the Mayors of the GVRD for property tax increases to fund their portion of the Evergreen line. Now they are talking about increased carbon and gas taxes, vehicle levies and maybe a resurrection of the parking levy .... Shouldn't the riders be paying for this rather than vehicle owners?
Jason
GREG510

Post by GREG510 »

Makes me want to move back to the farm in Saskatchewan ,and run my car on Purple gas :lol:
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Man, haven't heard of purple gas in years. Run it through your still to remove the dye.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
510rob

Post by 510rob »

don't worry, there's nothing left to sell - we sold the farm, the still, bc gas, bc hydro, bc ferries, and anything else that could be handed over to a foreign interest. isn't there something about aircare that could be sold? ...oh right, a 10 promissory contract obligating GVRD drivers to profit-pad a foreign company! yay! Now, rather than look at what's too late, look to what is still possible to be sold. BC MSP?
jim.nos

Post by jim.nos »

GREG510 wrote:Purple gas
Makes me want to finally figure out what diesel car or truck out there has the easiest injectors to replace/clean so I can burn the ~8000L of scrap transformer oil I have access to.

Transformer oil has the same properties as diesel but it is just a little too viscous.
510rob

Post by 510rob »

isn't scrap transformer oil PCB?
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

Hmmm...., farm, purple gas .... Hmmm.....
Jason
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

bertvorgon wrote:Well.....the renewed the tax grab for another 10 years..AIRCARE continues.
Isn't Aircare run by some company out of Texas! Where the hell does that fit in...but Rob already went there. :x :evil: Nothing against Texas, but why? Shouldn't this be taken care of right here, in BC, by a BC company, testing BC cars? Does it make sense to buy fat cats...........I'll stop now. 10 years, JC……!

I took the forfeit plan and will air scare my car next year when I put it back on the road. It still burns the eyes at idle, no way it’ll pass right now. Got to finish the single TB manifold.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

510rob wrote:isn't scrap transformer oil PCB?
I was thinking the same thing.
But then I wondered where it would do the most harm; in the air transformed into some unknown substance (good or bad) through the combustion process, or in the ground, slowly leaking into the water table. (or in a warehouse somewhere in Alberta, just delaying the process of it making its way into some other water table...)?

Hmmmmmm, not sure on this one. Any chemists out there?

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
joker72z

Post by joker72z »

This is one good reason to have moved back to Ontario as we scrapped the "clean air" testing on cars older than 20 years. They got us the other way by introducing a law that says any car older than 15 years must be appraised to determine value, then you pay tax on that value. NO more "friendly" bill of sales. One way or the other, they "F" you at the drive through!

Chris
Never start vast projects with half-vast ideas
1971 510 2dr, 58KM original
1/74- 260Z, 66K orig miles - SOLD
1/73- 510 2 door bare shell - SOLD
jim.nos

Post by jim.nos »

510rob wrote:isn't scrap transformer oil PCB?
it became illegal to use PCBs in insulating oil for new installations about 15-20 years ago.

I have 8000L available which contains <2ppm PCB (which is the detectable limit). I have a further 2000L of contaminated oil which I won't use (for obvious reasons).

There is a way of scrubbing and disposing of contaminated oil but it is only cost effective when done in large volumes. 2000L isn't enough to give to the appropriate recycling facilities.