What's the price of gas your way?

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
RonM
Supporter

Re: What's the price of gas your way?

Post by RonM »

$4.22.9 a gal for regular 87oct at a 76 station here in NorCal, 91oct was $4.45.9. Race gas is out of reach at $12.78 for 105 oct. Right now E85 was holding at $2.90 a gal last I checked. Glad I'm building my SR to run on ethanol, because I couldn't afford race fuel. 15 gallon fuel cell would cost almost $200 to fill up. Frickin OUCH! :o
Sometimes people loose touch with subjectivity, because they've got they're heads stuck too far up they're own,,, Reality.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

I read this thread, but never felt like adding to it. However today was the first time I filled up at over $1.50 a liter - premium in Maple Ridge, which means it's even higher in Vancouver...
It's still not high enough to effect the cruising season in the 510, but it sure adds up for the daily driver. Sure glad I don't commute anymore!

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
Datsun 1600 Nut
Supporter

Post by Datsun 1600 Nut »

Gas here in South Africa is $1.47 a liter for our 93 octane. Not sure what is the equivalent in the US? Pricey when your car drinks fuel like its going to disappear tomorrow haha...
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place..."

Current Car's:
1971 P510 1600 SSS Coupe
1972 P510 1600 SSS
1972 P510 1600 SSS
1973 P510 1600 SSS
1973 620 Pickup
1979 PA10 1600J
1980 280ZX
James

Post by James »

Byron510 wrote:I read this thread, but never felt like adding to it. However today was the first time I filled up at over $1.50 a liter - premium in Maple Ridge, which means it's even higher in Vancouver...
It's still not high enough to effect the cruising season in the 510, but it sure adds up for the daily driver. Sure glad I don't commute anymore!

Byron
The potential upside to high priced gas is people choosing to live near their work if possible. This is good for everyone - if it can be done.
Finished is better than perfect......
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

James wrote:
Byron510 wrote:I read this thread, but never felt like adding to it. However today was the first time I filled up at over $1.50 a liter - premium in Maple Ridge, which means it's even higher in Vancouver...

Byron
The potential upside to high priced gas is people choosing to live near their work if possible. This is good for everyone - if it can be done.
James, I made this conscious decision 10 years ago. It means there's no way in hell I'll ever be able to afford a house near my place of work, but I don't spend two hours plus a day commuting anymore. I leave work just after 4pm, pick up both kids from different daycares and the wife at the train and home by 5pm, and drove a whole 12 kms to do it all. I think this is just better quality of life, and as it turns out, better for the environment and my wallet as well. Leave the high priced gas for the Datsun’s :D

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.