It's a miracle......

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
bertvorgon
Supporter

It's a miracle......

Post by bertvorgon »

So, there I am yesterday, after washing the 510 and test driving it, rooting through boxes of "stuff" stored at work.
Now, as many of you know, and some can imagine, when you have a hobby that spans almost 40 years, one does get stuff scattered around.

For years I have looked for, asked people...and then finally gave up on, the fact that I lost something that was kind of irraplaceable...... something I had lent to SOMEONE.

In finding my box of dealership flags yesterday, which where very dirty as the top was left partially open, I started to see what else might be in there. There were two of those old sun shades that Nissan made, to go on your dash, that said.." We have won so many awards, we have to wear shades". Then, as I almost walked away from the box, I felt some thing hard buried in the middle of the flags.

and there it was.........after 15 or so years......my VHS tape of......

AGAINST ALL ODDS

I could not believe it, I stood there staring at it, and started to laugh. Wow...what a find. I'm going to transfer it to DVD as soon as I can.

All I can think, is that who ever I lent it to, brought it back to me after one of our early events, or back at Knox Mountain Hillclimb. That is the last time I can remember using those flags, and it got put into the box of flags, and then another string of the flags got put on top.

Whatever, it's back, a wonderful reminder of our youth, and the icon of BRE, that got most of us older guys into the 510 race scene.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Byron510

Re: It's a miracle......

Post by Byron510 »

My original copy of Against All Odd also was "lost" in the same manner - only mine didn't turn up! Glad you found yours. The newer version doesn't have all of the Nissan ads -cool find. When you make it digital, let me know :D

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes »

Hmmm.... I smell Cottage Industry!.
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

Keith, if you could, I'd like to see that too as I've never seen the movie please!
Jason
tycot1
Supporter

Post by tycot1 »

still got mine. you can see it on youtube.
http://bigtimemotors.ca 1972 datsun 510 220 hp ka "couped", 1971 510 westwood champ gt4 '81& "83, 1979 550 hp trans am, 1962 cadillac hrdtp, 2005 subaru sti, 1999 triumph daytona 955i.
iceD

Post by iceD »

Just watched this on you tube. Smoking in the car on the pregrid, and flicking the butt on the track, those were the days.

ice D
McShagger510

Post by McShagger510 »

Thats great you finally found it Keith. Now maybe you can stop giving all of us the 'stink eye'! :lol:

James
The person with the sun in their eyes has the right of way. - my brother

'72 2dr. 510 Turbo
'73 240Z all stock
'71 2dr. 510 stock......for now
'91 Nissan truck *SOLD*
'02 TOYOTA Tacoma
'78 Kawasaki Z1-R
'84 Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo
'99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I will remove the pins from my voodoo doll........

For those that have asked about " seeing " this....we will revist this down the road...... :wink:
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer