Mounties may have some cheap GTR's for sale ..

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
jason
Supporter

Mounties may have some cheap GTR's for sale ..

Post by jason »

Seems like the Mounties seized $2million in fancy cars yesterday for racing on the 99 in Delta, a Ferrari 599, 3 Gallardo's, 3 GTR's and some crummier stuff ...

Good chance for a cheap upgrade Keith :twisted: !

http://www.theprovince.com/cars/Young+d ... story.html
Jason
510Freak
Supporter

Re: Mounties may have some cheap GTR's for sale ..

Post by 510Freak »

Silly kids..
Might get some attention from the would be's, if they crush em like was done down south(I think it was California) :twisted:
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Cripes.....and we drive 500 miles out of town to go maybe 30 KMH over.......

Hell, lets just blast HWY 99...I can handle a $196.00 fine...

How insane is that? Lets just see what really happens with these clowns...One of them already has a street racing issue....

I know we have not been saints at times...but at 3:30 in rush hour, blocking traffic...I don't think so.....

this link gives more pictures, the "bust" is just up the street from my house.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/road+st ... story.html
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

One really has to wonder how any 16-22 year old could possibly be turned loose in a car like this... until the last photo was shown. I won't play a discrimination card, but labeling this group as "New Canadians" might be a start! You got your attention, now I hope you get nailed to the wall. However, the fine means nothing to a group like this – neither would loosing the cars for that matter. I can hear them non, laughing on the street corner; “Daddy’s lawyer will work it all out, I don’t need to worry”. Sad thing – that’s exactly what will happen. Suddenly these kids will all come from “broken homes” or “need extra community encouragement”. So how about this; a week of labour, like clearing some blackberries out of some Richmond ditches, or mopping up the puke off of east Van streets on Sunday mornings between 4am and noon for 6 weeks –THAT would be a suitable punishment for this high end group. Man, I’d even organize it if necessary :D
So then you wonder what the heck the parents are thinking? What not buy them safer toys such as grenades and semi automatic weapons...wait the GTR is semi-automatic...
If you have the money or not, what the heck were those parents thinking? Maybe there are too many fighting for the inheritance anyway – they needed to thin the herd. Not sure, but I really don't care. I just know that even if I had that kind of money to throw around, I wouldn’t by buying my kids this type of toy. I love my kids to much too even think of turning them loose in such machinery.

My rant...

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
GREG510

Post by GREG510 »

I see these spoiled rich kids drive by me in Richmond all the time and shake my head when I see a 200 k car with the little green "N" on the back.
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

It's odd seeing stuff like that, where I grew up in East Van I had a "newish car" when I was 16, a '72 510 2 door that was 5 years old and starting to rust in the fenders already that I paid for .... These kids, their parents have more money than brains and the kids are tempting Darwin ...
Jason
joker72z

Post by joker72z »

I think they should videotape the cars being crushed and send the video to the parents. It's likely the parents are still in HK or elsewhere and just send the kids money. I agree with the article, suspend the license completely and let them take the bus or catch a ride with a friend who doesn't drive like a jackass.

In the end, it's the cars that suffer the most.... sniff, sniff.... :lol:

Chris
Never start vast projects with half-vast ideas
1971 510 2dr, 58KM original
1/74- 260Z, 66K orig miles - SOLD
1/73- 510 2 door bare shell - SOLD
70bird

Post by 70bird »

If that happen here in California the crusher would have eaten those cars for lunch! I have a friend that had his rx7 crushed for street racing!!
kayakdude07

Post by kayakdude07 »

I have seen 1 for sure if not 2 of those cars cruisin' at UBC here. Crazy...
Jordan || '72 2 door KA project || '72 2 door goon project- Flintstones powered (dad's)
GREG510

Post by GREG510 »

Two more get busted here again today
http://www.news1130.com/news/local/arti ... ypress-mtn
510rob

Post by 510rob »

From that last link, "One of the drivers lost control and was arrested."

Did he lose control of his car, or his temper?

"His buddy was found hiding at a nearby school." <-- after he took off and hid, they were no longer buddies :P
jim.nos

Post by jim.nos »

As much as I am a vocal opponent to civil forfeiture (even though in an email to me from Solicitor General Shirley Bond, she claimed that seizure in accordance with the MVA isn't); I've got my BC Auction account set up and a budget of $45000 for a shiny GT-R.

http://www.bcauction.ca/open.dll/welcome

If not, there are always fire trucks which seem to go for 5 to 10k which would make for a... unique daily driver.
dcuplover

Post by dcuplover »

looks like the 13 cars the Cops took off of the Richmond racers are going back to the racers. The Cops had no evidence or witnesses so there is no case against the drivers. I wonder what will happen with the two cars they had already sold?? We the taxpayers are going to be buying a couple new sportcars for those punks....
510rob

Post by 510rob »

sometimes, the law is an ass