Airgas Haz Mat Fee

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
okayfine
Supporter

Airgas Haz Mat Fee

Post by okayfine »

Hey Airgas (and you, Praxair) - your Haz Mat fee is bogus, but because you've bought up all the smaller welding shops in my county, I have no choice. I can get wire, rod, tungstens, and spares at Home Depot or on the Internet, but I can't exchange a gas bottle through the tubes. That doesn't mean I'm happy about the 10% Haz Mat fee for my bottle of argon. Unless the gas cylinder is painted with lead paint, I'm not sure how you justify it.

Oh, right, you don't.

"The total amount due from Buyer may include various itemized charges, including charges for the handling of hazardous material and for compliance with laws and regulations concerning hazardous materials, charges for handling delivery, and shipping; and/or charges for energy or fuel. None of the charges represent a tax or fee paid to or imposed by any governmental authority, and all of the charges are retained by the Seller. Seller has not specifically quantified the relationship between the charges and the actual costs associated with the charges, which can vary by product, service, time and place, among other things."

I can translate that corporate BS for you: We charge it because we like money.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
Ash510

Re: Airgas Haz Mat Fee

Post by Ash510 »

I also had a problem with Praxair, just last week. I bought a small bottle of c25 for welding steel, through lordco. it is an exchange program, after paying 125.00 the first time for a full bottle, you just return it and get the new full bottle for 40.00.
So I take the bottle back to Lordco, and they tell me that the quickest way is for me to take the bottle straight to Praxair. so I go to them and they will take the bottle back and give me a new one for 78.00 plus tax. No way am I going to pay doubble the price, so back to lordco , and after a long talk with the parts guy I finally get my new tank of gass, for 40.00 plus tax.

what a pain in the ass, but now that I have it figured out with my parts guy at Lordco it should not be a problem again...
but where does Praxair get off trying to charge me twice as much... Unless they fill the bottle more, cause when I checked the
bottle pressure at home it was only at 2000 psi on the guage that goes to 4000 psi I'm not sure of the amount that should be in that bottle.

Aron
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Gas prices seem to vary by region. Why, I have no idea. I've also read that owner bottles (exchange) are filled less than rental bottles.

My 90 of 75/25 mix for my MIG is $30 plus tax/fee, my 150 of pure argon was...$35 plus tax/fee. :?
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes »

I now have the great joy of doing business with Airgas East... they are no better than SoCal Airgas.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

okayfine wrote:My 90 of 75/25 mix for my MIG is $30 plus tax/fee, my 150 of pure argon was...$35 plus tax/fee. :?
And gas prices have doubled since late 2011. :roll: My 150 of Argon is now $67.83. They didn't even have my 90 of mix. They were out. Airgas, it's in the friggin' name! So my 60 of mix is now $37.35.

Plus $11.00 in HazMat fees (see above) AND $.40 for "Product Surcharge" AND $2.25 for "Cyl Processing Fee." :evil: :evil: :evil:
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

okayfine wrote:
okayfine wrote:My 90 of 75/25 mix for my MIG is $30 plus tax/fee, my 150 of pure argon was...$35 plus tax/fee. :?
And gas prices have doubled since late 2011. :roll: My 150 of Argon is now $67.83.
What has more fluctuation than BitCoin? Argon. My 150 is now...$28.

It does take the sting out of dealing with Airgas. But I never know what I'm paying when I go in.
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

okayfine wrote:
okayfine wrote:
And gas prices have doubled since late 2011. :roll: My 150 of Argon is now $67.83.
What has more fluctuation than BitCoin? Argon. My 150 is now...$28.

It does take the sting out of dealing with Airgas. But I never know what I'm paying when I go in.
Because the Nuke Station I work at uses the the company across the street "Arc Source" for all their welding gas needs, I go there and $30 for exchange of my 90 with 75/25 mix for Mig otherwise it's $40+ no taxes New Hampshire "Live Free or Die" Like the Patriots Died Sunday.

Go Seattle!!
Ya, I am a Pete Carrol Fan after he and I met at one of our daughters Jr Olympic Volleyball tournaments at UNH back around 2002 and talked Volleyball and watched our daughters compete against each other where we simply crush his daughters team 8>) He was impressed and is a Great Guy also.

Lou
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon