Wind

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
datzenmike
Supporter

Wind

Post by datzenmike »

Geez hows the wind in Vancouver??? I've been here for almost twenty years and this was pretty much the worst I've ever seen. Got a coffee before the power went, got to work and it went out. People straggled in with stories of being in the shower, big blue flashes and watching the the street lights go out in a cascade down the road. Drove home on roads paved in green branches. 5 foot waves out in the bay splashing up and over Marine Drive here.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
iceD

Re: Wind

Post by iceD »

Windy on the south coast this morning,as high as 102 KPM around 5:30 AM. Had auto-cross action on Steveston Highway using garbage cans and tree branches for pylons. It has calmed down now but still blustery and raining.

ice D
510Freak
Supporter

Post by 510Freak »

Heck yeh that was a storm, the pier here clocked at 137-139 k per hr, was that here too.
what a mess out there , one house behind us lost its whole roof(torched on membraine)
trees down all over.the one beside it lost some of its roof aswell.
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

Power went out 3 times and came on twice this morning during the worst of it, got my coffee at least!
Jason
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Some areas near Courtenay won't have power till 4 PM!!! tomorrow. We phoned Hydro and they said it's the worst overall outage ever. I believe them.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

For a change the wind came in at an angle on my place, but was that ever strong. I have two HUGE trees in my yard, and always wonder.........

I wonder what the Bike Park is going to be like, on my next ride on Wednesday, there is tree rot in there so some of the old trees are ready to come down.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer