No More Aircare!

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
jason
Supporter

No More Aircare!

Post by jason »

Well, that's it then, Aircare is being discontinued for the Lower Mainland finally in 2014.
Jason
Byron510

Re: No More Aircare!

Post by Byron510 »

It's about bloody time - what a useless program.

Now, what scares me more is what our ingenious government will put in its place - and what other frickin off show company will run it! Next we'll have guys from India or Indonesia doing car inspections via tella-link or something....

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
kayakdude07

Post by kayakdude07 »

Yay!
Jordan || '72 2 door KA project || '72 2 door goon project- Flintstones powered (dad's)
vgwagon

Post by vgwagon »

Be careful what you wish for, like Byron said you don't know what is going to take it's place....Aircare was never an issue for me so I didn't mind it.
A vehicle inspection on the other hand could become troublesome.
Denis Gagné
AKA VGwagon

69 510 VG30e swapped
73 240z VG30et swapped
86 300zx na2t VG30et converted
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

Oh no, VI ....
Jason
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

For you young guys..I lived vehicle inspections when they were here, way worse than air care, as they looked at everything. Made some stupid calls too. If you had a bulb out, it was an issue.
Air care operated at the end with a 1.7 million dollar deficit, so their tax grab really finally blew up, so who knows what they may put back in its place for revenue.

Where today's Richmond drivers license office is, is where that testing station was.

They used to do a braking test, how would you like some chimp driving your car and jumping on your brakes....?

Not that cars should not be safe, but, they could find a ton of issues for cars like ours.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
gooned

Post by gooned »

I too will be very happy to see Air-scare done, but VI stations will be waaaay worse to deal with. I doubt there is any vehicle out there that some anal inspector couldn't fing SOMETHING wrong with...
kayakdude07

Post by kayakdude07 »

Mine passed VI :D
Jordan || '72 2 door KA project || '72 2 door goon project- Flintstones powered (dad's)
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

Mine passed VI many moons ago when I first brought it up from the states, I'd hate to go through that again, with all the cars!
Jason
510Freak
Supporter

Post by 510Freak »

The goof troop will come up with something,it is in their nature.
vgwagon

Post by vgwagon »

gooned wrote:I too will be very happy to see Air-scare done, but VI stations will be waaaay worse to deal with. I doubt there is any vehicle out there that some anal inspector couldn't fing SOMETHING wrong with...

Whether you know this or not, and as a licensed vehicle inspector......I incur all legal liability if I over look something on a car that then later becomes deemed a cause of an accident, the company I work for does not. This is why some inspectors are over the top sticklers.....they don't want to loose their entire life because they passed a car with a defect no matter how trivial. Just letting you know there is a good reason for being strict, and it's not because someone is a prick and is out to get you, although that could happen too.
I'll take Aircare any day over annual inspections. Just like I'd take photo radar over speed traps in a heartbeat.
Denis Gagné
AKA VGwagon

69 510 VG30e swapped
73 240z VG30et swapped
510Freak
Supporter

Post by 510Freak »

vgwagon wrote:
gooned wrote:I too will be very happy to see Air-scare done, but VI stations will be waaaay worse to deal with. I doubt there is any vehicle out there that some anal inspector couldn't fing SOMETHING wrong with...

Whether you know this or not, and as a licensed vehicle inspector......I incur all legal liability if I over look something on a car that then later becomes deemed a cause of an accident, the company I work for does not. This is why some inspectors are over the top sticklers.....they don't want to loose their entire life because they passed a car with a defect no matter how trivial. Just letting you know there is a good reason for being strict, and it's not because someone is a prick and is out to get you, although that could happen too.
I'll take Aircare any day over annual inspections. Just like I'd take photo radar over speed traps in a heartbeat.

I would think that in consideration of law, it would be hard to take a inspector to court over something like this,people change parts all the time,
Was the vehicle in the exact condition it was in, when it left your inspection?
Can this be proven by so and so.. ?
I doubt it.
The fear of liability is imposed to try and curtail the "crooked" inspectors.
But in a court of law , any doubt on this would be a slam dunk..
vgwagon

Post by vgwagon »

Wanna take that chance?
Denis Gagné
AKA VGwagon

69 510 VG30e swapped
73 240z VG30et swapped
510Freak
Supporter

Post by 510Freak »

I would challenge it ...yes

The liability simply cannot be placed all upon the inspector
The spectrum is to broad
The scope of the "said" liability is to put that exact fear into the inspector, its part of their game.They rely on fear
What if it were a new or used faulty part installed, is this liability the inspector(s), No it is not
Can anyone predict the future possible failure of a "new" part or a perfectly good used part, if there were no visible deformations nor defects? Nope

I am all for safe vehicles on the road, but the petty anty stuff, they can shove it.. :lol:

Im just saying,and it is my opinion :mrgreen: