PORCHES BUSTED ON SEA TO SKY

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
Byron510

Re: PORCHES BUSTED ON SEA TO SKY

Post by Byron510 »

Maybe we need to reintroduce the CB radio. These devices were pretty much on the way out when we started our cruises in this club. Our fellow 510ers to the south embrace them, maybe we need to do the same. The FRS didn't work, so maybe like James mentioned, it's time to step up to the plate.
I'm personally not willing to park the Bronze indefinitely. I will drive it.
We need to be safe, but I won't fall prey to scare tactics and draconian rules set for the many when it should be aimed at the few.

The guys drag racing down main street and then through residential areas deserve what they get. Those Chinese kids in thief ferraris, gtrs and bugattis should have had the book thrown at them last year, but they got off due to their tricking off shore rich dadies and thief equally scumbag lawyers. The kid got speeding in his Honda has his car go through the crusher, but kids blocking a major freeway so they can drag race get a one week suspension from their cars

You know know where I'm sticking my middle finger.

End rant....

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
RonM
Supporter

Post by RonM »

For under a $75 you can get a pair of 50 channel 32 mile range walky talkies with hands free capability. with a scout using one of these and a radar detector it is a game changer. http://www.amazon.com/Midland-GXT1000VP ... kie+talkie
Attachments
41-AYtckhIL.jpg
41-AYtckhIL.jpg (16.03 KiB) Viewed 2591 times
Sometimes people loose touch with subjectivity, because they've got they're heads stuck too far up they're own,,, Reality.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Hmm - yep, that's kind of what i was thinking.

Two things;

-can I hear this in the car?
-32 miles in a straight line on the prairies - how about 5 miles down the road and around the corner of a mountain? - I'm thinking the antenna with that low of voltage isn't going to make that range...something to look into.

The radar detector is not likely going to help. All forms of radar in use are instant on, meaning the officer only has it on when he thinks he needs it. I used to have a few different ones, but haven't used them in 10 years now.

But you are right, this is the type of equipment we now need.

Byron
RonM
Supporter

Post by RonM »

On a lighter note, today was my daughters 7th birthday and guess what the theme was..... Justin Beaber! aka the Canadian Citizen Kane. My wife down loaded all his albums and was blaring them all day, so as to drive home the full mind crippling effect.

Now I'm not sure if they have the same tradition in the great white North, but here we have this thing called a PInata. It's fill with candy and prizes and all the kids take turns beating the Sh_t out of it with a bat until it spills it's treasures. Guess whose face was on the Pinata... :twisted: ME and the other two fathers who came, took great solace in seeing our daughters beating the snot out of this splendid pimple free effigy. After a few good dingers the thing came open at the bottom and everything spilled out.

So now envision this. all three guys hung back to take the Pinata down, but before I could, one guy with the bat in his hand says " hold up". We all kind of looked at each other for a second, then to see if anyone was watching. Dude it totally turned into that scene in Office Space where they take their frustrations out on the stolen office printer. Oh Bliss!!! As the Pinata de Beaber was being torn to shreds I could hear the faint murmur "rose bud". :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sometimes people loose touch with subjectivity, because they've got they're heads stuck too far up they're own,,, Reality.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

My Daughter turned 6 this week. Her birthday party is today. I finished the cake yesterday afternoon; no piñata this year but we have done it in years past. However we were all at my daughter’s friend’s birthday on yesterday (Saturday) and the usual piñata was there – a Hello Kitty. Not very well built, it spilled its guts on the second blow by a 6 year old! No one else besides the party girl got a swing….

I can't really apologize for Justin B. Don't know the guy, haven't heard a single song he does, wouldn't recognize him if he walked by. But I do know the name, there's been no shortage of publicity. Somehow, like most Canadian superstars, he’s made all his exposure in the US.

My daughters favorite artist right now is a Kiwi, goes my Kimbra. She found Kimbra on my tablet a number of months back. Now whenever she sees my tablet, she goes right to Kimbra's official site on You Tube... However I don’t think she's made any air time in NA – never heard a somg, but she must be big down under and in New Zealand. She co-sang a recent hit with Gotye –Somebody that I used to know.

Way off topic - sorry for the jack Keith; wandering minds and all... it Ron's fault :wink:

Byron
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

No Problem..hijacking is what gives this site it's best humour at times.

I just got back from 3 days on the Island, my daughters wedding..man was that special! Everything went absolutely perfectly, as my Daughter and partner had a very low key, zero BS plan.

Funny, but yet truly tragic event the next day though:

The place my daughter had picked, does the "destination" wedding thing, on the beach, etc., beautiful setting in Parksville. So, another group is having their "dream wedding, right out on the beach. We were just having a low key barbecue thing,the day after my daughters wedding, above the TIDE line. Now, maybe you can imagine the scene...a group of guys hours earlier had come and raked a path down through the gravel, onto the sand, and then put in a series of posts, with ribbon, out to a spot WAY out on the beach,a winding pathway, where they had all the chairs and a small archway, for the ceremony. Time goes by...and I'm thinking to myself....WHEN IS...this supposed to happen? Around 1:00 Pm some guests start to arrive, wandering out to the spot. More time goes by.....soon the majority of guests are there. And yes, you are right...the TIDE is coming in!!!!!

So, picture this...about 50+ people out on the sand, music stand in place, extension cord across the beach, the wedding party finally shows up..guys in matching shirts and pants walk out first....then, after some time, all the bridesmaids show up, matching dresses, parasols, etc,...they walk out with a 30 foot spacing...which takes more time. We have now seen that this is likely NOT going to work. Then, the SIGNIFICANT dog gets walked out....then, finally, the bride to be, with her father...she is wearing a zillion dollar dress...which they are tying to keep OFF the sand...yah right.

Now, for any of you that have been around the ocean...the tide does not wait, never has, never will. The ceremony gets under way, and, judging by the display, is a pretty wordy thing. I have now won the bet that the tide has reached them.......

Finally...someone made the decision...that they were getting flooded out......suddenly..everyone jumps up, grabs their chair...and it looks like the storming of the Normandy Beach....BUT...instead of actually going to high ground...they stop and kind of setup on a small sand hill....which is now being surrounded by the incoming tidal flow......it looks like they are trying to finish this, when they realize that they are going to have to wade through a foot of sea water. The running begins again...I can only think of the shoes that were ruined...poor Gramma and Grampa...the Minister looks pissed......a zillion dollars worth of fancy hairdos blown to the wind.....

So, the whole thing is in ruin...the Idyllic wedding blown to smithereens, the release of the doves a final afterthought...at least they did not drown.....the final whatever done on the board walk...amidst roller bladers, gawking tourists, and some great bikinis! The sound guy had made a run for it with his equipment, so he did not get electrocuted.

We later heard from the hotel staff that the Bride was 1.5 hours late...BEYOND dumb! I can only imagine what the wedding cost, and to even THINK that you could tempt fate with the tide.......Can you imagine what she/he had thought was going to be this idyllic wedding on the Beach, the planning that went into it...and then literally let the tide flush it away..... The Hotel had warned them that they thought there was not enough time due to the lateness, and that they should move back onto the grass........

We sat there...kinda dumfounded as to what just transpired in front of us, funny, yet truly tragic for them. Hopefully...they plan better in real life.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Sealik

Post by Sealik »

I have one of these....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/QUANSHENG-TG-K4 ... 529wt_1159

Rather handy when your out and about.
It's also a police scanner, which is rather entertaining sometimes. :lol:
You can also 'punch' in frequencies that are posted on certain logging roads to communicate with others in the area, for an emergency etc. etc.
Not all areas are covered with cell service.....here anyways :)

Specs...Range-5-10km
Range is relative to conditions/terrain....that said, I could here a guy on the other side of a mountain....at least 20km away
Although....he was on a CB and I was at home, on the frequency posted for that road.
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Keith any chance you were in a dark blue 510? I was on a 75 mile biking round trip on the highway near Mt Washington yesterday. Thought it was lou. Gave him heck for not waving.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

No...we were in my son's black Tracker......

I have not touched my 510 since the May long weekend...... :(

re the highway drives...there are so many really ghosty vehicles now, you never know what you may be coming up on, or, is coming up on you.

I've done the radar detector thing, looked at jammers, yada, yada....The last 10 years of drives( no dectectors, laser or radar) have had us with no tickets, no issues....the time and the place, plus LOOKING..has kept us safe.

The FRS radio thing, as Byron said, is impossible to hear in the reality of most of our quasi street/race 510's, we have tried it before ( you need a co-pilot with ear piece) and then, for us in B.C. the mountainous conditions we end up in, blow distance out of the water. Where would we put CB antennas......we would look like the 10-4 Good buddy convoy...

Bottom line...we cruise.....and present no reason to get stopped...PERIOD!!!!!!
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
gooned

Post by gooned »

side note -Keith congarts on the wedding..I know how proud you both are!

cheers