General call for HELP; Moving this Satruday March 14 -RAIN!

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
Byron510

General call for HELP; Moving this Satruday March 14 -RAIN!

Post by Byron510 »

Metro Vancouver BC guys;

Guys, I'm putting out a general call for help. And the reason is that beyond my control - weather!

New Westminster to Maple Ridge

I purchased a house a few months ago, signed the deal and hired a mover - a good size truck and three guys. I thought it was all in hand. I'm packed as of now (for the most part) everything in boxes and clearly marked to where it needs to go in the new house. The weather has been awesome this past winter - in fact, there wasn't a winter to really speak of.

So moving day in two days - predicted 50mm of rain - for those not speaking metric - the 2" of rain on Saturday predicted. It was rolled back this morning to around 40mm (1.5"), but it's still not a good outlook.

So, my only thought is to make it happen fast to mitigate the damage of the water. Anyone local who wishes to help, I would be very indebted and appreciative on either end of the move.

The truck arrives this Saturday 9am in New Westminster to load.

I expect that we will be arriving in Maple Ridge at 3pm to unload the truck.

It's going to be wet, and I can't make any apologizes for that. I have purchased tarps to try and keep us as dry as possible from the house to the truck. That's as much as I can do. My hope is that a small army on either end will just make it go fast, and best for everyone and everything. I have a few signed up, but the more hands on deck, the better under the circumstances.

The lesser task is that Old Blue needs a driver if that can be arranged – or someone drives the Exterra and I’ll pilot Ole Blue – manual experience needed for either.

If you are able to help, please contact me cell 604-376-74 zero two

Thanks in advance guys;

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
James

Re: General call for HELP; Moving this Satruday March 14 -RA

Post by James »

Bump for a good cause. I wish I was in the area - I would definitely be there to help you out. Hope it goes well!!!
Finished is better than perfect......
iceD

Post by iceD »

What are the addresses?

ice D
James

Post by James »

Byron??
Finished is better than perfect......
JordanTr

Post by JordanTr »

PMed ya D!
'72 2 door KA project | S14 Silvia RB25DET | S14 RB26DETT (sold) | '90 Audi 90Q20V (sold)
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

how was the first night in the new house? I hope every thing went smooth at the other end.
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

A huge thanks to the Malcinator, Jordan, Robyn, Mandy and Derrek. You guys busted your butts, and it really helpped a huge amount yesterday. The move went as good as a move could possibly go.

The rain tappered off by mid day which also helped - thank god it didn't rain as much as predicted.

The move in on the other end in Maple Ridge went well - unloading is always quicker than loading. Very little damage - the moving guys did a great job and I tipped accordingly.

Well - the first big event for all you lower mainland guys will be 510 Day - the grill will be on, pleanty of food all Datsun guys welcome. Details to be posted soon. But for now there is a 510 parked out front of the house to be the marker. :D

Now about that shop.....

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.