Karting at Westbank

Post by Chickenman »

Typical day of " The Knox Group ".... Karting at Westbank:

https://www.facebook.com/motorsport365/ ... 05/?type=3
bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: Karting at Westbank

Post by bertvorgon »

Those day of our carting races still are one of the best memories I have! I laughed so hard during some of those races I fogged up my face shield with the tears from laughing.

Who was it that broke their finger in that big wreck we had? Either Jaz or Johnny. There was a lot of blood on that one and I was sore for a week.

No wonder the owner groaned when we would show up.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

I think it was Jaz Sanghera that broke his finger. Jas Dhanda had the worst injury though. He had a big gash in his leg and required stitches. His wife had just bought him some new Blue Jeans, and they had to cut them off in the Hospital. The Nurses just shook their heads when he told them how it happened..... Johnny Sandhu, as always, got off lucky. I think he landed on top of Jas Dhanda.

I still remember the look of confusion and pain on the face of Jaz Sanghera as we went by. Although it was hard to see details due to the tears of laughter as we rolled by..... Image
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Yup, it was just a huge pack of us full speed on that light downhill section...and then it was MAYHEM..with carts going everywhere and a huge pile up to my left. I got drilled by Sean and I think Jamie, as we tried to avoid the pile up. Last think I remember seeing was the owner and his partner running to the wreck, to try to peel things apart. It was Jaz, that is what I remembered.

Was that not the trip where I had 7-up in the Aerostar and Dave K. had at least 7-up in his van. I do remember racing him on the highway and only got him on the corners.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

That is frickin' hilarious and freaky footage!

The first thing that went through my mind was the General Lee horn. Apparently I wasn't the only one as the comments also have a Dukes of Hazzard reference.

One in a million...

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.