Merry Christmas & into 2017

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
bertvorgon
Supporter

Merry Christmas & into 2017

Post by bertvorgon »

Morning World!

I wish everyone a good holiday time spent with family and friends. At a time in our world that ever more needs Peace and tranquility I feel for those that are in such a state of anger and war.

This year just seemed to blaze by but at least I/we got out for a few car shows and drives together, Mission Race Track, Salmon Run, Spring Thaw, Octoberfast/Thanksgiving drive. I blasted up to Knox in the G so had a good road trip then. Weather seemed to be our big bugaboo, that was a wet year for sure.

This coming season is Knox Mnt's 60th, so I would sure like to try to make that, evermore so in the 510. I have also left the June 24th Saturday open for the Penticton car show. My plan will be to make a day road trip out of it:

www.peachcitybeachcruise.com/

I also will plan a drive to Fort Casey again, that is really cool down there.

Thanks to all for your friendship and camaraderie this past year, be safe!
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
zKars
Supporter

Re: Merry Christmas & into 2017

Post by zKars »

Merry Christmas everyone!

It's a picture perfect 6" of fresh snow on the ground this morning, just in time for St Nick. For some reason the shoppers and drivers don't seem to appreciate the postcard perfection.
IMG_2527.JPG
IMG_2527.JPG (260.12 KiB) Viewed 2724 times
This is the closest thing I have to a 510 related Christmas image. Enjoy the season.
IMG_2525.JPG
IMG_2525.JPG (198.97 KiB) Viewed 2724 times
We will be in Kelowna this long May long weekend come hell or high water, hopefully with a fresh 510 instead of a boring Z.
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Indeed. The winter solstice, the earth begins it's slow tilt towards the sun again and the days begin to lengthen and warm. Renewal and re-birth and yet another optimistic chance to get it right. A time for feasting and merriment! Differences set aside. Time shared with family and friends. A special, magical time for kids and the child in all of us.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Beautiful and Sunny here today which is great, I had to put an automatic oiler on my furnace motor bearings the last few weeks, seemed like it never shut off in this old house. So far, the heat from the sun is free.

My "inner" child has asked for a new video game this Christmas.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
RONSLYCHUK
Supporter

Post by RONSLYCHUK »

Merry Christmas to everyone and all the best in 2017. Enjoy spending time with your family and friends.
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Worked on my Datto.... is there anything better?
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

Merry Christmas Guy's. I hope everyone has a great holiday season.
I've made arrangements to have more time for our drives this year coming up. It was tough this year past with moving and finishing a new house. My car should be done soon and I am very much looking forward to latching myself onto Keith's rear bumper through the twisty bits again this year.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?