2002 addiction

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
User avatar
Heinrich
Posts: 100
Joined: 11 Jan 2013 03:37

2002 addiction

Postby Heinrich » 04 May 2017 22:44

found this article during my usual morning troll

makes one think.

http://jalopnik.com/the-bmw-addiction-t ... 1794882542


(mods, please move if not under correct heading)
Progress is slow, but it is progress non the less.

Colbino
Posts: 512
Joined: 19 Sep 2007 12:58
Location: Bellevue, WA

Re: 2002 addiction

Postby Colbino » 04 May 2017 23:41

Jesus!

User avatar
Byron510
Moderator
Posts: 11685
Joined: 01 Jul 2003 23:06
Location: Maple Ridge, BC

Re: 2002 addiction

Postby Byron510 » 04 May 2017 23:59

Hmmm, quite the read.

Now I'll ponder this a bit! And make sure I don't event become Terrance.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.

User avatar
James
Posts: 2034
Joined: 26 Nov 2007 19:58
Location: Laguna Beach, Ca

Re: 2002 addiction

Postby James » 05 May 2017 10:53

It's good to hear these stories - and be able to check yourself (do I really need another datsun.......part/car or?)
They are important - but I think the internet makes the availability of everything so easy - you can slip into a bad pattern. Terrance is obviously the extreme - but there are differing levels of Terrances problem.
Finished is better than perfect......

User avatar
RMS
Supporter
Posts: 1501
Joined: 12 Oct 2009 01:03
Location: Richmond BC Canada

Re: 2002 addiction

Postby RMS » 05 May 2017 12:15

I can see where it begins, the morning Craigslist search the swelling anxiety when a soon to be new car or part of your dreams is listed. the frantic reply hoping that your the first. the bartering with the PO wearing a poker face hoping the twinkle in your eye is not seen as you gaze over the goodies and rare nos "mmm NOS" parts that you spied in boxes. the feeling of victory when the papers are singed and the car is on the hook. the constant looking for the parcel delivery person with the gold from far away lands..... .... oh is that the mail man now... hope I got new parts from Alberta..... :mrgreen:
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!

User avatar
RMS
Supporter
Posts: 1501
Joined: 12 Oct 2009 01:03
Location: Richmond BC Canada

Re: 2002 addiction

Postby RMS » 05 May 2017 12:38

ah... yes! it was Datsun parts from Alberta ImageImage
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!

iceD
Posts: 643
Joined: 31 Mar 2008 20:07
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: 2002 addiction

Postby iceD » 05 May 2017 16:26

I wonder what happened to all of the cars and parts

ice D

User avatar
Heinrich
Posts: 100
Joined: 11 Jan 2013 03:37

Re: 2002 addiction

Postby Heinrich » 07 May 2017 23:18

iceD wrote:I wonder what happened to all of the cars and parts

ice D




lol, had the same reaction.
felt a but bad about it. :?
Progress is slow, but it is progress non the less.

User avatar
zKars
Supporter
Posts: 384
Joined: 15 Aug 2013 14:19
Location: Calgary Alberta Canada

Re: 2002 addiction

Postby zKars » 08 May 2017 06:35

RMS wrote:I can see where it begins, the morning Craigslist search the swelling anxiety when a soon to be new car or part of your dreams is listed. the frantic reply hoping that your the first. the bartering with the PO wearing a poker face hoping the twinkle in your eye is not seen as you gaze over the goodies and rare nos "mmm NOS" parts that you spied in boxes. the feeling of victory when the papers are singed and the car is on the hook. the constant looking for the parcel delivery person with the gold from far away lands..... .... oh is that the mail man now... hope I got new parts from Alberta..... :mrgreen:



Hehehe. They call me an "enabler".....

datsun.dave
Posts: 20
Joined: 01 Mar 2017 21:52
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Re: 2002 addiction

Postby datsun.dave » 08 May 2017 16:24

Hey zKars...
Enabler is appropriate...
Although perhaps we both need to read this article... again.

Nevermind.
David Wilson
65 WPL410 Wagon
67.5 SRL311
68 SPL/SRL311 Racecar project
72 510 Sedan - Grandma Spec Auto
72 510 Sedan -
74 260Z
88 Be-1
89 Toyota HiAce Work Truck
91 Figaro


Return to “Not Datsun/Nissan related?”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest