Just for Fun

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
bertvorgon
Supporter

Just for Fun

Post by bertvorgon »

As I have now moved a TON of stuff into my basement, that I had stored at work for the last 35+ years, I run into things that NEED TO GO.

Many, Many years ago my company sold silver brazing alloys and other precious metals related welding products, which put me into contact with lots of sales people. These funny safety posters were some of the things given to me from back in the late 70's.

If any one local would like some for your shop, please feel free to grab one, I have a few of each I think.

I also have some large monitor like speakers, free to anyone who needs a speaker for their shop. I used them to built a home theater sound system, long before those type of systems came in a box.

I'm just not going to have space down the road.
Attachments
IMGP3969 (Large).jpeg
IMGP3969 (Large).jpeg (309.21 KiB) Viewed 2843 times
IMGP3968 (Large).jpeg
IMGP3968 (Large).jpeg (375.87 KiB) Viewed 2843 times
IMGP3967 (Large).jpeg
IMGP3967 (Large).jpeg (345.83 KiB) Viewed 2843 times
IMGP3966 (Large).jpeg
IMGP3966 (Large).jpeg (360.9 KiB) Viewed 2843 times
IMGP3965 (Large).jpeg
IMGP3965 (Large).jpeg (401.46 KiB) Viewed 2843 times
IMGP3964 (Large).jpeg
IMGP3964 (Large).jpeg (473.43 KiB) Viewed 2843 times
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
gooned

Re: Just for Fun

Post by gooned »

Those are great period pieces Keith.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

My basement is filled with "period pieces", you should see my collection of first editions of HEAVY METAL, NATIONAL LAMPOON, THE WHOLE EARTH CATALOG, LIFE MAGAZINES, an Original CAPT. AMERICA, BIG LITTLE BOOKS (very cool, forerunners of comics) and the list goes on. ARG! Funny how we go through a collecting phase in our life...then have to get rid of stuff......

Then there is the race stuff.......
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
Heinrich

Post by Heinrich »

these posters are awesome.

a bit too far for me unfortunately.
Progress is slow, but it is progress non the less.
gooned

Post by gooned »

The price they charge for anything remotely old in Ft. Langley shops...you could probably make a decent buck flogging some stuff there.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I actually was out in Fort Langley over the summer, checked some of the shops, nobody is really buying, either consumer or store. I talked to one of the owners, people here of course watching their money as things to just get through a day are so expensive.

That one BIG antique store is filled with STUFF, of which a lot of younger people just do not want. I saw that at work with all those cool pieces coming in for melt, the younger generations just did not want Gramma's
sterling silver tea set.

Collector markets go up and down on a whim too, I sold my pocket watch collection many years ago, got a good price really, at a low in the market.

Keith Law
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

As this is "just for fun"...as the Bert Vorgon Archives are brimming with slices from the past....

this will really point out your age..who remembers..THE FABULOUS FURRY FREAK BROTHERS....?

Oh..you can't cheat by going online...

I swear when I crack the lid of my steamer trunk I can faintly hear Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin waft out, the smell of my 1948 Austin A40 flashes back.....1967...Brown Eyed Girl....

Keith Law
510rob

Post by 510rob »

Keith, watch the movie American Splendor - it is mainly about Harvey Pekar, but also has some bits about Robert Crumb.