Bike rides

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Bike ride at Stokes Pit on Wednesday 7:00 p.m.. The sun sets at about 6:45 now, so it will be lights almost from the gitgo. Should be dry.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Note to Spencer, Paul and David. Just in case you are interested, re lights for night riding, the Cove Bike Shop is having a sale on some of it's lights.
My new Nickel Metal Hydride battery pack worked well last night. It was lights on almost from the gitgo. Very dusty on the trails. Ran into some horse riders who had been drinking...HEAVILY! They were coming out in the dark, the horses knowing where the trail was. The woman had had her cheek smashed by the horses head, when it jumped over a fallen tree that it could see, but, the woman could not see or anticipate. She looked like she had gone a couple of rounds with Tyson.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
supersportsedan
Supporter

Post by supersportsedan »

Yeah, I'm sorry I missed out on the ride last night. Getting the goon tweaked for the weekend has been priority one. For lights, I'm looking forward to putting together the same setup that you have... things should quiet down after this weekend.
Mame

Post by Mame »

owch... reminds me of some article i read sometime ago, with a guy getting arrested for drinking and driving.. even tho he was on a horse.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Sept 21 bike ride at the Watershed for those that can make it. 7:00 pm.

Keith Law
510rob

Post by 510rob »

She looked like she had gone a couple of rounds with Tyson.
did the horse bite her in the ear or something?
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

no, but she she looked like it!

Keith Law
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

This wednesdays ride at the Watershed again, Sept 28@ 7:0 pm. Could be one of the last truly dry rides of the year. Spencer, would you like to use my other bike (light included) for a night ride?

Keith Law
5teN
Site Admin

Post by 5teN »

Hey Keith,
Thanks for the offer but I wont be able to make it! I have a meeting on Wednesday evening :-(
supersportsedan
Supporter

Oh boy, I'm working until 6:15pm... if I can find a way to get a light happening... who was I kidding? things never slow down.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Wow, it must be me that does not have a life. You guys are all so busy. I'm not sure I get the Mechanical engineer thing, you draw a few lines, figure out a good spot to drill some holes for the bolts, wham...a bridge! I've "engineered" lots of stuff in my life. The 10 foot stilts, just because the nails were to short...that was my brothers fault. The 1986 Knox "fuel system" That was Andy's idea, so what if I was last. The metal planter for the garden, it SHOULD have held all that dirt, crummy wood! See it's not that hard.

Keith Law
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Whooeee, on another topic that has nothing to do with fuel injection...
This weeks ride is at Stokes Pit for anyone who is interested, Oct.5 @ 7:00 PM.
Winter conditions apply now as it is supposed to rain, rained last wednesday.

Keith Law
5teN
Site Admin

Post by 5teN »

Keith, I feel bad having those light housings and having no idea when I'll be out next. Should I drop them off at the plant?
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

No! Those were for you and Dave. Just try to get them finished before August! LOL. I guess this means your out for winter riding?
My offer still stands if you want to come out one night and use my other bike. At least you get to experience a night ride...with light. Same for you Paul.

Keith Law
supersportsedan
Supporter

Cool, I'll have Wednesdays off again starting on the 19th. I hope to be back at it! What's the latest with those battery packs?