I guess you know when it is time to clean out your in box...

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
Gensaiken1

I guess you know when it is time to clean out your in box...

Post by Gensaiken1 »

When you have 2003 topic reply notices in your inbox! :lol:

In total I think I deleted around 3576 messages from my inbox.

Doesn't help I have over 18,000 messages from the bluebirdslist :shock:

Anyone else have a stupid amount of emails?
1971 2dr Datsun 510 - L20b, 219 SSS Head, Roundtop SU's
Byron510

RE: I guess you know when it is time to clean out your in bo

Post by Byron510 »

You know, this is a serious issue for me a well.
I just solved the "inbox" issue recently by getting a new tower - and I wasn't about to switch the mails over – just moved an address book after putting it on a serious diet. I just hope I don't need to go back to look at any mails in reference! (that computer is again set up, off line, so if I don’t go back in the next few months – it’s gone!)
Lesson learned - clean out the crap you need on a daily basis, and then a monthly check!
I also had my server set the Anti-Spam on high. Although it's nice to come home and not have to weed though 20 to 50 junk mails each day, now I'm left wondering if the legitimate mails are actually getting though; since I'm not getting much mail at all now!
One extreme to the other I guess, but the need to not have to "weed" daily is nice.
Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
Gensaiken1

Re: RE: I guess you know when it is time to clean out your i

Post by Gensaiken1 »

Byron510 wrote:You know, this is a serious issue for me a well.
I just solved the "inbox" issue recently by getting a new tower - and I wasn't about to switch the mails over – just moved an address book after putting it on a serious diet. I just hope I don't need to go back to look at any mails in reference! (that computer is again set up, off line, so if I don’t go back in the next few months – it’s gone!)
Lesson learned - clean out the crap you need on a daily basis, and then a monthly check!
I also had my server set the Anti-Spam on high. Although it's nice to come home and not have to weed though 20 to 50 junk mails each day, now I'm left wondering if the legitimate mails are actually getting though; since I'm not getting much mail at all now!
One extreme to the other I guess, but the need to not have to "weed" daily is nice.
Byron

Thats the thing tho, I get NO SPAM. So everything I deleted today was completely legit emails. Or forum reply notices.

I can safely horde this many emails and it won't cause a problem. I currently have over 500GBs in storage space.

I guess I will have to start weeding out these emails more often. Keep my totals down to a safe 1800 messages in my primary inbox. :D
Yellowcar

RE: Re: RE: I guess you know when it is time to clean out yo

Post by Yellowcar »

I got my inbox down to 1100 today by archiving everything older than 2 months
heirfaus

RE: Re: RE: I guess you know when it is time to clean out yo

Post by heirfaus »

WOW......thats all WOW........I hope you guys are organized
"An intercooler...has never been, nor should ever be, considered icing on the cake. A proper intercooler is more cake."
Corky Bell, Maximum Boost

"one of the little things that add up"
-defdes
Gensaiken1

Re: RE: Re: RE: I guess you know when it is time to clean ou

Post by Gensaiken1 »

heirfaus wrote:WOW......thats all WOW........I hope you guys are organized
Soon as I got on the bluebirdlist (like 50 emails or so a DAY), I immediately made a seperate folder for all emails addressed to the list. So every new email from that address is automaticly redirected to a special folder.

Saves me a lot of headaches trying to figure out which emails are for me and which are simply from the list.. :o

When you got this many emails, you have to be some what organized or you just dump it all. :lol: