Car lot?

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

JDM_GUY wrote:... nissan is a infinity in american version i hope you know. .... being narrow minded is not a good thing to automobile field becasue other makes will merge such as infinity and nissan or ford and mazda, etc...
PS: FYI, Infinity is part of Nissan. Not vice versa.

In Toyota speak: Infinity = Lexus, Nissan = Toyota

PSS: FYI: Nissan has already merged, er i mean "joined alligence" with another company - Renualt.

How could we be any more open minded? We joined forces with the French!
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
JDM_GUY

Post by JDM_GUY »

rnorrish wrote:
JDM_GUY wrote: PS: FYI, Infinity is part of Nissan. Not vice versa.
exactly, infinity is a nissan. just in american version, more like american west federation of nissan.
JDM_GUY
Dru
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

JDM Guy, I really don't think you got the point here. You're off base.
And some how you still think that it's OK to post your non 510 related stuff and anything you can try and sell to anyone..
What part of "the510realm" do you not get? Where does Toyota fit in?
Where do the Skylines fit in? It's neat stuff, I will admit, but not relevant to our site. It's great to see them once in a while, but no one here is interested in buying one – and if they were, all you need to do is Google Skyline. Theres only about 10000 instantaneous hits! Every time someone mentions some part that would be nice, it's funny how you jump in and say "I can get that for you". This is pissing more than a few of us off, but you just don't care about the community. To me, this whole discussion is a waste of time. If you want to stay - contribute. If you have no knowledge, ideas, experiences pics or even comments beyond "That’s' cool" to contribute, then why are you here?
The site is becoming watered down, diluted, and for a lack of a better word, to much SPAM!
I am personally a huge contributor to this site, my number of posts reflect that. Most of these posts are not sales, not side comments. Many of these posts are very relevant information pertaining to the Datsun 510, and modifications that many people want to do or have questions about. I post everything that I learn, drawings and pictures of parts that I machine. I freely pass on this information to help everyone in this community. I don't turn around and sell everything and anything that I can possibly get my hands on or someone else’s idea for profit. Yes I have sold a few products on this site, but those products are directly for 510 owners, and are parts that simply are not available anywhere else, which is why I made them in the first place. The most expensive part so far, an EFI manifold for L series heads. A part that is not available anywhere else. The cost of that part was not a gouge; it's a break even price for all involved. Anyone here, who knows production, will also know that small runs of this type of product are expensive, and I will make no excuses. However, I don't push my products. And I give away way more information that anything that I sell. That's what the community is about, not a pushy salesman. Stick around if you are truly interested, otherwise quite wasting our time and space. This site does cost money, and for the enjoyment of those that do visit this site, my vote is to keep it 510 related, to cars in and around the time that our 510's were made. I want to hear form the first time'ers as much as those who are well seasoned. I help everyone with a good question, and I put a lot of effort into those answers to provide the best information to keep those people motivated and going. This is my contribution, and I enjoy it. But when I have to weed through a bunch of crap to find those people, then they get missed, and the community falls apart. That is not what I want to see. We have a great thing here guys, let’s keep it up, and keep in on topic.
Thanks,
A Real Datsun and 510 Enthusiast,
Byron
Gensaiken1

Post by Gensaiken1 »

Byron510 wrote:
And some how you still think that it's OK to post your non 510 related stuff and anything you can try and sell to anyone..
What part of "the510realm" do you not get? Where does Toyota fit in?
Where do the Skylines fit in? It's neat stuff, I will admit, but not relevant to our site. It's great to see them once in a while, but no one here is interested in buying one – and if they were, all you need to do is Google Skyline. Theres only about 10000 instantaneous hits! Every time someone mentions some part that would be nice, it's funny how you jump in and say "I can get that for you". This is pissing more than a few of us off, but you just don't care about the community.

Well, there is a vague Nissan / Datsun area which his stuff would likely fall in to, but Yes, toyota stuff is out of line and doesn't belong here. Maybe in offtopic or something but not in the classifieds. I also agree it can be annoying to see some one jump in to a thread and just mention they could get that part from japan. I could also see that being relevent to a thread as well. In this case he hasn't always been relvent to them.

I think he might not 100% care about the community but he seems to be putting down an effort to try and defend him self here but it seems that the higher powers see this as "too little, too late".

While we do have little content going on in the "Nissan/Datsun" section I guess his stuff does fall in to that catigory. If we were "510 exclusive" that section wouldn't even exsist. I think we either change the rules to make sure this kind of stuff doesn't happen agian or we continue to complain till this guy some how understands this kind and subtle "please go away thread"

In no way am I saying that anyone here is off base or being rude. You are all dead on with your words. I agree with a lot of your statements and in no way am I targeting anyone specificly. I just think it is a matter of the admins getting together and laying down a judgement or restructure of the rules. This forum has over 1500 members. While not all are active, this forum has the rules of a 500 person forum. This forum is starting to become the main forum for 510 enthusiasts. So as it grows, I think there are going to be a lot of interesting characters and I believe this forum needs some new rules and guidelines to be able to handle them with out making a thread or turning every thread they post in to an immediate bashing.

I think everyone has pretty much voiced their opinion on this guy and situation. I was suprised at how passionately everyone has voiced their opinion on the situation and I believe we have some talented writers.

I think he will get the point. If it continues after this thread, I would agree 100% in swift actions to stop it, or maybe a Nissan/Datsun classifieds area. I dunno, but I hope we can all put our internet pitch forks and burning torches down and let "frakenstien" live among us, atleast till it strikes agian. :roll:

-Richard
1971 2dr Datsun 510 - L20b, 219 SSS Head, Roundtop SU's