WRC Rally Crash Compilation

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
yenpit

Post by yenpit »

Well, since the weather outside is frightful, I think I WILL go grab a beer, sit back in my cozy warm house, with my mutt by my side staring at me, and watch this "epic compelation". Who needs to go outside, anyway......!!?? :lol:
1973 510 2dr
1972 521 flat bed
1972 510 Wagon parts car
2009 Toyota Matrix S AWD

LOTS of 510 parts!
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

The year before i actually ran the Knox mountain hillclimb, I went up to watch and check it out. At the end of the first straight, where some of the fast cars hit 100, a couple and their kid spread out a picinic blanket, just on the other side of the hay bales, at the corner exit point. I walked down and told them I did not think that was a good place to be. They kinda grumbled, but, did move further up the hillside. No later than two cars after they moved, a Porsche 911 jumped the hay bales and landed EXACTLY where they would have been. The woman came up and thanked me, as she realized they would have been seriously hurt. I told them you NEVER underestimate how far a car will travel, after it leaves the track.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Good for you Keith. Besides the obvious bad spots, nowhere is really 'safe' and brakes don't do much once the wheels leave the ground.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
jason
Supporter

Epiphany!

Post by jason »

datzenmike wrote:
jason wrote:On seatbelts Keith, any suggestions for a good, bolt in retractable set for a daily driver? I'm at that point where I'd like to replace the front seatbelts in the brown bomb.
Hey jason, I've heard that 200sx retractible ones are a good switch. I have a red, light blue and silvery white set. If 620 or 720 ones will work they are almost always black.
Mike, I was looking at the seat belts in the back and they look to be the same receptacle as the front. I usually don't have a passenger in the seat behind me so it's coming out to replace the front one. I think Byron has another for me now so I should be good!

Thanks
Jason
Gensaiken1

RE: Epiphany!

Post by Gensaiken1 »

I'm suprised at how frequently in this video I saw brakes on FIRE. Jeez, thats some insane braking right there!
1971 2dr Datsun 510 - L20b, 219 SSS Head, Roundtop SU's