Nillon's Dime

View and post your 510 project(s)
icehouse

Nillon's Dime

Post by icehouse »

Nillon (his nick name) has had this dime since he was in 8th grade, a father son project. I've been working on cars at Frank's (his father) house for a while now, so basically I'm involved in the car to :D It's been posted on Ratsun for a while, I figured it was time to bring it over here :D I don't want you guys to think I'm a poser since I never really post much updates on my car :D I like more pics than words unlike some guys in the project area :D hehe

"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
icehouse

Re: Nillon's Dime

Post by icehouse »

icehouse

Post by icehouse »

icehouse

Post by icehouse »

vgwagon

Post by vgwagon »

That is a thing of beauty!
Nice clean execution.
where are those brake line holders from?
Denis Gagné
AKA VGwagon

69 510 VG30e swapped
73 240z VG30et swapped
86 300zx na2t VG30et converted
S15DET
Supporter

Post by S15DET »

I love it, great work. It's one of the best colors I've seen for a 510, and one of the colors I was considering for mine. What color is it, what's it from? I also like that the intercooler is thin enough to also allow some direct air flow to the radiator.
Great job. Kepp it u[, looks like you're getting close.
defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes »

^^^^^^^^^^^^WOW, agreed^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Great color, period appropriate.
Love the project, what's the time elapse on it? I can't imagine an 8th grader with an SR....though he'd be the envy of everyone in recess.
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

Looks really nice fellers....looks like it's really coming together nicely!! When's the deadline?? hahaha,....take your time! nice work!
johnbureezu

Post by johnbureezu »

OMG...Abosolutley beautiful!!! You can tell its the cummulation of years of experience. I got some learnin to do... :wink:
http://easytunegarage.blogspot.com/
yenpit

Post by yenpit »

Very cool!! That really is a sweet color!! Love the "rolled lip" around the IC & rad opening.......killer detail!!! Great choice blacking out the whole front of the rad core support panel. What is the large hole in the firewall for, right above & to the right of the RH heater outlet??
Last edited by yenpit on 15 Oct 2008 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
1973 510 2dr
1972 521 flat bed
1972 510 Wagon parts car
2009 Toyota Matrix S AWD

LOTS of 510 parts!
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

vgwagon wrote:Where are those brake line holders from?
One is from a 620 and the other is from a 280z :D We have tons of parts laying around, thats what we came up with at 11PM :D

S15DET wrote:What color is it, what's it from?
I will ask Dillon I forget.
defdes wrote: Love the project, what's the time elapse on it? I can't imagine an 8th grader with an SR....though he'd be the envy of everyone in recess.
Haha he's 17 now :D The car has just been around for a while :D We have been working on it heavyish for the last 9 months. We put together lots of cars so Dillon's car gets worked on when we are in between cars :D At this point we just want to get it done!!
goichi1 wrote:When's the deadline??
before you get back :D
yenpit wrote:What is the large hole in the firewall for, right above & to the right of the RH heater outlet??
Its for the heater hose, we didn't want it going behind the motor. The SR makes the hose a bitch to get to and we mounted the motor a little farther back than the reversed stock X member. I have a pic of our modified box... Lets see if I can find it.

We basically modified the valve so it faces the correct way, the new valve works perfect with the controls since the bottom have isn't affected by the direction its installed.
spoolinitup33

Post by spoolinitup33 »

Lookin' good man! Is this the car you used the power steering pump on?
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

S15DET wrote: What color is it, what's it from?
BMW 2003 urban green

spoolinitup33 wrote:Lookin' good man! Is this the car you used the power steering pump on?
Yep thats your old pump in the pics :D We sat down and talked to Dillon about the car before we started building it. Finding out what kind of car he was looking for. Putting together a somewhat detailed plan before you start is important in my mind. When I first meet Frank and his son I had the rusty car with power steering. Ever since then he has always wanted it. Its going to a daily driver not a race car. That's why we have built it this way. Its going to have full interior, PS, 5 interior lights on a dimmer relay, Stereo, Rear window defrost, a quite muffler, and hopefully remote start :D We are saving the race car builds for other dimes :D
supersportsedan
Supporter

Post by supersportsedan »

icehouse wrote:
S15DET wrote: What color is it, what's it from?
BMW 2003 urban green
spoolinitup33

Post by spoolinitup33 »

icehouse wrote:
spoolinitup33 wrote:Lookin' good man! Is this the car you used the power steering pump on?
Yep thats your old pump in the pics :D We sat down and talked to Dillon about the car before we started building it. Finding out what kind of car he was looking for. Putting together a somewhat detailed plan before you start is important in my mind. When I first meet Frank and his son I had the rusty car with power steering. Ever since then he has always wanted it. Its going to a daily driver not a race car. That's why we have built it this way. Its going to have full interior, PS, 5 interior lights on a dimmer relay, Stereo, Rear window defrost, a quite muffler, and hopefully remote start :D We are saving the race car builds for other dimes :D
I'm glad it worked for you. I wish my car was at that stage! I haven't been doing much to mine, still trying to pay off the last bit of that engine. Do you know if a Greddy intake manifold will work with a stock fuel rail and injectors?