East Coast Datsun 510 Meet Summit Point 2009

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
S15DET
Supporter

Re: East Coast Datsun 510 Meet Summit Point 2009

Post by S15DET »

Good point, Patrick, you can ride up with me if your car isn't ready.
spoolinitup33

Post by spoolinitup33 »

S15DET wrote:Good point, Patrick, you can ride up with me if your car isn't ready.
I'll have to take you up on that. How far away is Summit Point from us?
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

S15DET wrote:Good point, Patrick, you can ride up with me if your car isn't ready.
Brad,

Does this mean you are skipping the mitty?
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
five&dime

Post by five&dime »

Brad,

If you come to Summit Point this year, perhaps I will give you a vent holder :)
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

Hello East coast Datsun 510 Group,

Winter is almost over. It is time to start getting those dimes ready for the

13th Annual East Coast Datsun 510 Meet at Summit Point Raceway.

It will be here before you know it. Only 75 more days.

I need some volunteers to help out getting some sponsors to donate goodies for our giveaways/door prizes. It seems that with the recession going on, everyone is suffering and some of our previous sponsors have not responded to my requests. If anyone can help out by calling on sponsors, via phone or email, please get in touch with me.

Also, the fundraising raffle for the Futofab BRE spook.airdam is going well. We have sold lots of tickets and raised some good $$ for our event. Tickets are still available so if you have not bought yours yet, don't miss out. We may be adding several more items to this raffle as 2nd and 3rd place drawings so get your tickets today.

The Dime Quarterly has posted the Event info on their website so if you want to share the info with anyone, here is a link.

http://dimequarterly.tierranet.com/calendar.shtml#May

It will be a busy spring so get working on those dimes.

Even of your 510 is not ready to make the trip, plan on attending. You will have a great time without your dime there.

See you all in only 75 more days.

Enjoy the Ride!
David Weitz
Coordinator - SPEC510 Meet
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

Anyway you guys could come on down to King, NC for Keith Bailey's 510 day on 5/10/09? He's planning a nice get together with a couple spirited runs through the Blue Ridge. I'm driving down from New Hampshire on the 8th to spend a few days in the South hangin with with my B. Can't make Summit Point because of date change and needed day for SP already being taken bummer because it should be a great weekend. Dave again will do an excellent job of organizing,,,have a few cold one's on me.

B2
qwik510 wrote:
FlyingO wrote:That sounds great guys! As we move along in the planning and I have a better time frame I will be in touch. Since we will be in our motorhome with the 510 on a trailer RV parks will be our choice of places to stay and use as a base to travel from. If we could get together while we are there, that would be super.
Do you think you will still be around the following weekend? That Sunday May 10th (510 day) is Mothers day but maybe we could get a group together for Saturday and do a 510 day cruise.
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
S15DET
Supporter

Post by S15DET »

King is only 2 hours away from me, but seeing as how it's Mothers Day, I might not be able to swing it. I'll have to let you know when we are a little closer to the date.
five&dime

Post by five&dime »

Brad,

I have your vent holder :)
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Totally understand!!!! My wife says to me "Go, I'm not your Mother" :D My Mom still lives in California and the gift will be well on it's way though I'd rather be there and then spend a day at Venice Beach checking out the dental floss bathing suits.
S15DET wrote:King is only 2 hours away from me, but seeing as how it's Mothers Day, I might not be able to swing it. I'll have to let you know when we are a little closer to the date.
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
EENK 510

Post by EENK 510 »

qwik510 wrote:
five&dime wrote:Even if you can't make it to the meet, perhaps some of us VA, DC, MD guys could arrange a mini meet for when you are here.
I agree. Lets plan a get together in the DC area for Flying O. We did this last year when Yenpit (TJ) came to town.

We can do a fun run or jsut an afternoon get together.

If you need info on sites to see in the DC area, I can help. I have lived in the DC area all my life. Let me know.

I live in springfield, va.. about 10 miles from DC... I would love to go to a mini meet somewhere around the area... keep us updated
five&dime

Post by five&dime »

Just picked up a brand new Canon 40D!!!!!! It will be here tomorrow. I would love to try and organize some photo shoots while there. Can't wait!!!!
Three B's Racing
Supporter

five&dime wrote:Just picked up a brand new Canon 40D!!!!!! It will be here tomorrow. I would love to try and organize some photo shoots while there. Can't wait!!!!
If you could get a correl like we used to you could then setup shots on Sunday morning. We used to have this area we would park Sunday mornings and get pics. It was great because all the other car groups and us would be huddled in seperate viewing areas. I would suggest a 24mm lens minimum as space is close. I used a 28mm and was just barely able to get the shots I wanted. Don't fotget about your Cannons 1.6x factor so a true 24mm lens would be 38.4mm 24X1.6.
- John Lennon
five&dime

Post by five&dime »

I have a 17-85 that is has decent wide angle capabilities. Haven't picked up my 10-20 yet so..... :(
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

We wil be having a Corral again this year! :mrgreen:

We usually park all the cars in the corral for photos and to let the public see our great cars.

Last year this was the best we could do for a group gathering.

Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
FlyingO

Post by FlyingO »

I am still planning on being in the DC area the weekend after the Mitty. I would love to get together with you guys. My wife and I are planning on staying at an RV park in Lothian MD called Duncan's Family Campground.
dscn0894jpg