Starter motor/solenoid assembly

jim.nos

Starter motor/solenoid assembly

Post by jim.nos »

I've got a 510 with an L20B.

Recently having problems starting it, the problem was diagnosed as a sticky solenoid. Rather than refurbish the existing one, I went ahead and purchased a new solenoid.

I am having problems re-assembling the starter and solenoid assembly. The gear on the end of the starter is not engaging with the flywheel when the car is turned over.

I am looking for assembly advice or an exploded diagram of the starter and solenoid assembly. I can provide pictures of the starter and solenoid I have here if necessary.
okayfine
Supporter

Re: Starter motor/solenoid assembly

Post by okayfine »

jim.nosella wrote:I am looking for assembly advice or an exploded diagram of the starter and solenoid assembly. I can provide pictures of the starter and solenoid I have here if necessary.
The Nissan FSM has one. There's also some information here:

http://dimequarterly.tierranet.com/tech/starter.html
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
banzai510(hainz)

Re: Starter motor/solenoid assembly

Post by banzai510(hainz) »

When I was new to 510 I did this myself and Failed at putting it back together.

I got Nissan starters(stock or 280 Gear reduction) from the dealer(nissanparts.cc) and never looked back at the local Automotive Parts stores(mostly junk rebuilds hat last 3/4 yrs)