Brake and Fuel line size?

jeffball610

Re: Brake and Fuel line size?

Post by jeffball610 »

I think I have my sizes mixed up. Nut size should be M10, but still don't know the thread pitch. Also, can you simply convert a single flare tool to a double flare tool with a set of dies like this:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-9 ... mage=large

I got a free bender and flare tool with my brake line. It looks like the only difference between a single and double flare tool set would be the dies themselves. Any input?
1972 Datsun 510
7-bolt 4G63T, EVO 9 pistons & rods, FP 6851S, "Flipped" Stock Intake Manifold, Toyota R154, Z31 R200 w/ CVs
goichi1
Supporter

Re: Brake and Fuel line size?

Post by goichi1 »

man, you are gonna cuss that flaring tool every second you have it in your hand, you should find someone with a really nice hydraulic tool, they are much easier and make perfect flares every time. You can use that one, but it's not easy and takes a lot of practice to get a double flare, at least one that you can use.....if you do a quick search you can find where I suggested this tool to another member, with pictures. But they are not cheap, I paid about 320.00 for mine. kind of a waste if you don't use it much, but I really like cool tools!!!

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=13115&p=136323&hil ... ol#p136323