69 510 suspension advice needed

Suspension, including wheel, tire and brake.
KaipoDa510
Supporter

69 510 suspension advice needed

Post by KaipoDa510 »

Okay guys,
This is a stock 510. Apparently I have Mulholland front shocks and stock rears.

This will be my daily driver, not really into spirited driving either, but I always bring the family along so there is more weight to account for. Also, I will be using this for camping trips, etc.
so I will be loading it quite a bit. The suspension right now is great, smooth and comfortable, but when the car is loaded it drops quite a bit.
What to do?
Anyone know the spring rates?
I am buying rear shocks Tokicos HE2572.
Now, would O need to upgrade anything else?
I'd like to drop the front a bit, mainly for looks. This means maybe going with better springs at the front, right?
Please throw out some suggestions.
Thanks.
There is no feeling like driving a Datsun!!
S15DET
Supporter

Re: 69 510 suspension advice needed

Post by S15DET »

If the drop is mainly in the rear, then you could install some load leveling air bags into the stock rear coil spring. This would be easy to do, and the kit probably won't be very expensive. That would keep your ride quality the same, ride height the same, and prevent the droop under the load of passengers and gear.

Just one idea.
510-Trevor
Supporter

Post by 510-Trevor »

Top End Performance www.racetep.com sells stiffer springs that will only drop the ride height by about an inch.
1972 Yellow 4dr
KaipoDa510
Supporter

Post by KaipoDa510 »

S15DET wrote:If the drop is mainly in the rear, then you could install some load leveling air bags into the stock rear coil spring. This would be easy to do, and the kit probably won't be very expensive. That would keep your ride quality the same, ride height the same, and prevent the droop under the load of passengers and gear.

Just one idea.

Hi, Thank you for the tip.
Where would I get such a kit?

Yes the drop is mainly in the rear.
KaipoDa510
Supporter

Post by KaipoDa510 »

510-Trevor wrote:Top End Performance http://www.racetep.com sells stiffer springs that will only drop the ride height by about an inch.
Thanks Trevor.

I checked the website and they have lots of good stuff. Pricey, but interesting.

bye for now