Interesting ebay Finds

General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
5teN
Site Admin

Interesting ebay Finds

Post by 5teN »

Sticky post for any interesting Datsun related ebay items.

If you navigate to an item that is sold, can you find out what it sold for? I'm not an expert with ebay. Anyways, if so, this thread could be interesting to look back on.
heirfaus

Re: Interesting ebay Finds

Post by heirfaus »

If I remember correctly eBay keeps listings for 30 days after close. After that you can't see anything. You can click "advanced search" and then click "completed auctions" to see the closing prices. We'll just have to update the closing prices in the posts or it will be useless after they are removed from ebay. Would be a nice way to keep track of prices over time.
"An intercooler...has never been, nor should ever be, considered icing on the cake. A proper intercooler is more cake."
Corky Bell, Maximum Boost

"one of the little things that add up"
-defdes
okayfine
Supporter

Datsun 1600 510 Race Rally Downdraft L20B Head

Post by okayfine »

Extensively ported brookfield down draft head with inlet manifold to suit down draft webbers. Can be changed to side draft webers using the manifold face plate as template.

Inlet ports have been moved upwards and straighter and larger. Exhaust ports have been ported as well. Has external water jackets. Estimated cost to replicate $4000+.

Built for a race L20B motor, under 2 litre class. I bought the head with work already done, but then purchased a similar motor complete; so have no use for it.

Comes with inlet manifolds, rocker cover, values (37mm ext, 46mm inlet); but no cam, valve springs, rocker arms.
!BnBJQJQCGk~$(KGrHqIOKiIEtkgGeEbBBLhw1sbcnQ~~_12.jpg
http://cgi.ebay.com/Datsun-1600-510-Rac ... 335a919c83
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Hmmmm, Webber horns sticking through the hood. You know, I kinda like the Mad Max appeal of this! :D
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
brknrekord
Supporter

Post by brknrekord »

Byron510 wrote:Hmmmm, Webber horns sticking through the hood. You know, I kinda like the Mad Max appeal of this! :D
This does sound cool!
hang_510
Supporter

Post by hang_510 »

Byron510 wrote:Hmmmm, Webber horns sticking through the hood. You know, I kinda like the Mad Max appeal of this! :D
:twisted: crazy minds think alike! :lol:
byron wrote:I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.
okayfine wrote:Sense doesn't always have everything to do with it, and I speak from experience.
traitorjacknif

Post by traitorjacknif »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rare-196 ... 500wt_1182

1969 Nissan Patrol

Title: Rare 1969 Nissan Patrol KL60
Mileage: 52,000 miles

Vehicle Information
VIN: KL6026838 | See the free Vehicle History Report
Inspection: Order an independent inspection
Warranty: No
Vehicle title: Clear
Condition: Used
For sale by: Private seller

Features
Body type: SUV Engine: 6 Cylinder Exterior color: Green
Transmission: Manual Fuel type: Gasoline Interior color: Tan
Disability equipped: --

Rare 1969 Nissan Patrol with Marks 5 speed transmission in good condition. Only approximately 3,000 Patrols imported to the U.S. I have owned this Patrol for about 2 years (bought in TX) and have driven it less than 2,000 miles. This Patrol runs well and has a strong body. The body is in excellent condition with minimal, superficial rust – only one non-superficial rust spot in back driver side corner the size of a silver dollar. Electrics (fusebox recently redone with resoldered connections and terminals replaced as needed) and lights work well as do all door and window handles and locks. A roll cage was installed in 2008 along with shoulder seat belts for driver and front passenger. Steel brackets also installed in back bed allowing for an alternate back seat seating configuration with one of the two military-style fold down seats oriented frontward with original front seat lap belts utilized as seatbelts for 2 back seat passengers. Add-a-leaf suspension lift with new shocks and bushings was also done in 2008 and new 33x10.50 BFG mud terrain tires (with spare) added. Brakes also recently repaired with two new front wheel cylinders and brake shoes cleaned and adjusted. The odometer lists 52,000 miles but mileage is certainly more given that odometer only has a 5 digit reading. Engine runs well with an upgraded Weber Redline carburetor. Additionally, this Patrol has a very rare 5 speed Marks 4WD transmission with which a previous owner replaced the original 3 speed transmission. Transmission has a “granny” first gear and an overdrive fifth gear allowing excellent driveability over a variety of terrain and vehicle speeds The transfer case and 4 wheel drive system also works.

20% deposit required within 72 hours after winning auction. Balance payoff required by certified check.

Buyer to make arrangements for pickup or shipping. Seller willing to deliver within 30 miles.

Seller can be contacted with serious inquiries only at: 615-545-9936
(*edit I put the actual photos in your post because once the truck sells, the ebay link is lost – Byron)
merlin
Supporter

Post by merlin »

i so gotta finish mine!
Merlin from Datsunhistory.com

"test mule? I don't need no stinkin' test mule... Bert Vorgon is my test mule"
iceD

Post by iceD »

Original equipment. Not very sporty, but would work for a restoration.

ice D :|

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-5 ... 2439wt_992
benz-tech
Supporter

Re: Datsun 1600 510 Race Rally Downdraft L20B Head

Post by benz-tech »

okayfine wrote:Extensively ported brookfield down draft head with inlet manifold to suit down draft webbers. Can be changed to side draft webers using the manifold face plate as template.

Inlet ports have been moved upwards and straighter and larger. Exhaust ports have been ported as well. Has external water jackets. Estimated cost to replicate $4000+.

Built for a race L20B motor, under 2 litre class. I bought the head with work already done, but then purchased a similar motor complete; so have no use for it.

Comes with inlet manifolds, rocker cover, values (37mm ext, 46mm inlet); but no cam, valve springs, rocker arms.
!BnBJQJQCGk~$(KGrHqIOKiIEtkgGeEbBBLhw1sbcnQ~~_12.jpg
http://cgi.ebay.com/Datsun-1600-510-Rac ... 335a919c83
I want this and I don't even have an L under the hood
510-Trevor
Supporter

Post by 510-Trevor »

1969 Datsun Z-Series 240
Datsun 240z FRP Body Shell & All Panels - Brand New
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWAX%3AIT
frp 240 -1.jpg
frp 240 -2.jpg
frp 240 -2.jpg (17.44 KiB) Viewed 19159 times
frp 240 -3.jpg
frp 240 -3.jpg (42.37 KiB) Viewed 19159 times
Full FRP Monocoque Body Tub/Shell
2 x Front wings
2 x Doors
1 x Bonnet/Hood
1 x Boot/Trunk Lid + Spoiler
1 x Front Airdam/Splitter
1 x Dashboard
1 x Bumper Front
1 x Bumper Rear
1972 Yellow 4dr
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

:shock:
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
two_68_510s
Supporter

Post by two_68_510s »

Saw this a minute ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MODIFY-DATSUN-510-6 ... 5193128ba2

Very expensive
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes »

I am looking for a copy of this original printing if any one has a spare for a decent price.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

You might want to set up an eBay search. One just sold last week for $31.