Need J-Box/Fuse Box.

Post your forsale and wanted ads
72peagreen510

Need J-Box/Fuse Box.

Post by 72peagreen510 »

For a 72, anyone have one for sale? If there are any upgrades available or schematics on building one with new style fuses I'll take that as well. Pls email @ me bluekatana650@gmail.com Thanks, Don
okayfine
Supporter

Re: Need J-Box/Fuse Box.

Post by okayfine »

Best to post a picture of your fuse box, as anything could have happened during its life before you. You should be looking for what's know as a "three wire" fuse box...essentially matching the number and color of wires that are separate from the two harness plugs. There are two fuse boxes on eBay at the moment, and neither should be what you need, if your's is original.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
72peagreen510

Post by 72peagreen510 »

I'm fairly sure the only thing ever changed on this car was the oil. It even looks like the original tires :lol: I'll take pics tonight, and try to find some model numbers. Has anyone built their own?
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

There won't be identifying numbers. Even my NOS in-box fuse box only has a part number on the box itself.

I don't know if anyone has attempted to make a stock-replacement fuse box. Plenty of people have replaced the fuse box as part of rewiring projects. Would be nice to have something like this available for 510s:

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/50-5011
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
72peagreen510

Post by 72peagreen510 »

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PRF-70117/ I'm going to try and salvage the plug from the box, that way it'll still be able to change back to original if need be. Any manuals for an electrical pin out?
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

72peagreen510 wrote: Any manuals for an electrical pin out?
Lots. The FSM has a couple, as does the Haynes manual, or even the Owner's Manual. There's also the Paologram, which would be my choice due to ledgibility and color, but it isn't free.

The problem will be finding one for your wiring, as the fuse boxes were wired differently over the years.

I can supply you a fuse box wiring diagram, but you'll need to post a picture of your fuse box so I post the right one.