8%
Variable
92%

Total votes: 13

5teN
Site Admin

Fixed or Variable width format?

Post by 5teN »

If I cleanup the theme/style, this will be a decision to make. What are you thoughts?
rnorrish

Re: Fixed or Variable width format?

Post by rnorrish »

It all depends on how it will handle wide photos...
But I say fixed. As much as cut off pictures are annoying, pages that grow and shrink based on content are worse.
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
indy510

Post by indy510 »

A few months ago I remember one post on here with a full size picture,,,, and the avatar/user-name was below the pic....

But that might have just been a glitch.......... .. most normall size pics would fill the avatar border line

All in all,,, this site is great,,, , and I'd rather have it easier for Spencer ............... because I've been searching the PhpBB website for solutions,,, and some mods will resize the pics to 100%........
but it will also in-large the small pics to 100%... (which would not be good).... :lol:
thisismatt
Supporter

Post by thisismatt »

Variable. The current layout only uses about half my 1920x1200 monitor :P
I'm your huckleberry.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

thisismatt wrote:about half my 1920x1200 monitor :P
It's called "Windows," not "Barn Door." :lol:

I personally don't have an issue with the current format. And if it keeps people from hosting pictures on D'bucket, all the better. Alternatively, if you can find a script that would resize large pictures to to full width on a variable window (like Ratsun), that's probably the best of both worlds.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

The "resizing photos on a fixed width" kind is the best!

NWN uses one like that too...

Even a bigger fixed width would be nice. Could be a midterm quick fix, though I bet the banners wouldn't work still. ;)
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.