Good Books for Datsun Performance info.

okayfine
Supporter

Re: Good Books for Datsun Performance info.

Post by okayfine »

iceD wrote:... or you could go to

http://www.wolfcreekracing.com/classified.htm

and buy a new one for 14US$ ...
Different book. The one for sale in your link is a book focused on the L-series engine. The book nickleNdime is looking for is the Bob Waar "510 Bible."
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
iceD

Post by iceD »

I have a Warranty and Service Booklet, for a car purchased at Rotary Motors on West Broadway in Vancouver; on March 31, 1969, and the VIN number 053073. The model reads PL510NMT. The last service tab completed in the booklet was done by Rotary Motors at 23992 miles two years later. The car was also serviced in Regina twice during this period. If anyone has this car and would you like to have the original ... Booklet for your package. PM me.

ice D 8)
Attachments
P1070001.JPG
P1070001.JPG
two_68_510s
Supporter

Post by two_68_510s »

Byron510 wrote:Good books to get info from, and to look for in your used bookstore. For those of you who seem insistent on giving info simply copied from other Datsun sites, maybe you should read these books first to give you some sort of clue.

How to Modify Datsun 510,610,240Z Engine and Chassis, HP Books, by Bill Fisher and Bob Waar is a great book - that's why we simply refer to it as the "Bible" Some of the info is a bit dated, but the modifications, photo’s and how-to’s are just as current now. Worth at least $50 in info alone.

How to Hot Rod and Race book (Pub. in 80's – sorry, I’ve lent the book out and don’t have the info at the moment, but I believe Bob Waars name is on it). This book is an abbreviated version of the above-mentioned book, but it does include the infamous How to build a Trans-Am Racer chapter, which has all the suspension mods that we street guys like –very valuable info.

How to Rebuild Nissan/Datsun OHC Engine, HP Books, by Tom Monroe is an excellent book, but only relates to the engine. This is the best book I can recommend for anyone who wants to rebuild a Datsun engine for the first time. It shows all the tricks, and warns about all the pit falls, a must have for anyone opening up an L-Series motor, 4 or 6 Cyl.

How to Modify Nissan/Datsun OHC Engine, HP Books, by Frank Honsowetz is also a must have for anyone building a performance L-Series engine. This book should be used in conjunction with the above-mentioned book, by Frank Honsowetz. Fortunately, the book is now in print again by Fisher Books. You should be able to find a copy at your bookstore. My older HP copy has great crossover and reference tables concerning rod lengths, piston sizes, bore sizes, crack specs ect - awesome info for the hybrid builders.

Enjoy, and learn
Thought you might like this photo:
Books
Books
The Bible - Old and New Testament (Old on Left)
The Bible - Old and New Testament (Old on Left)
Interesting fact, as was mentioned, the older book had 240 pages the new 142 pages
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
iceD

Post by iceD »

These books may help tighten that big nut behind the steering wheel.

ice D :)
Attachments
P1010077.JPG
P1010077.JPG (159.62 KiB) Viewed 6504 times
P1010077.JPG
P1010077.JPG (140.5 KiB) Viewed 6504 times
two_68_510s
Supporter

Post by two_68_510s »

:lol: :lol: Looser then most, and hard to tighten! :lol:
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
iceD

Post by iceD »

If you have a dog and you are into driving "The Art of Racing in the Rain" is a must read.

ice D :!: