Nissan ranked number 9 car brand worldwide by interbrand.

General & Technical discussion about other Nissan/Datsun cars
okayfine
Supporter

Re: Nissan ranked number 9 car brand worldwide by interbrand

Post by okayfine »

High center of gravity, AWD means CVT only, the only mildly interesting Juke is the Nismo which is 197hp and 3000lb and costs $25K+.

For $25K, if you cared about driving, why wouldn't you get an FR-S? Or, if you must have AWD, a WRX with 265HP and a manual transmission.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

I'd ride my bicycle before I'd own a cvt anything.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
shacks510

Post by shacks510 »

okayfine wrote:For $25K, if you cared about driving, why wouldn't you get an FR-S? Or, if you must have AWD, a WRX with 265HP and a manual transmission.
I gotta admit, the FR-S is pretty BA. Too bad they didn't make the turbo'd one. I heard they were working on it, but ended up not releasing them; if any of that is even true. Haven't looked it up yet.

If I were in the position to get one, I'd probably go for the Subaru BRZ; comes standard with sat-nav (which is becoming a thing of the past with smart phones), and HID projector headlights. Not a fan of the front bumper radiator opening (prefer the FR-S one), but I'd want the Subaru name, and because there's less Subaru's compared to Scions. I've seen even less Toyota GT-86s; maybe about five.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

shacks510 wrote:I've seen even less Toyota GT-86s; maybe about five.
You haven't seen any. You've seen rebadged FR-Ses.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

http://www.edmunds.com/scion/fr-s/2013/ ... ested.html

Hey Shacks, this might strike your fancy, and, as it says, fills the torque curve hole.
I had seen this back in the spring, as I am on Innovate's mail list.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer