e brake set up

Suspension, including wheel, tire and brake.
mojo

e brake set up

Post by mojo »

i have maxima calipers in the rear of my 510 and all the stock e brake system is no longer there what to people use for this set up and from what year cars
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Re: e brake set up

Post by Three B's Racing »

Lokar kits are your answer. I have the exact same rear disk setup as you and used a Lokar kit. Some mods are required and you will really need to look at how you want to set it up because there were several ways to do it. My rear crossmember was out of the 510 and I was modifying it with with a toe/camber kit from FutoFab, 4" exhaust hole, new swing arm bearings, bushings and the disk brakes. So it was very easy to do out of the car. My e-brake is original from the handle back to the hindge that works the looped cable to the brakes.

Lou "6 beer job"
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Might also look at your brake setup. I didn't use Maxima calipers, but the idea will be similar. I ended up mounting the calipers at the bottoms of the wheel, and swapping the calipers L for R. This enabled me to use the stock e-brake cable setup. I understand you don't have this anyway, but might be easier (cheaper?) to source. I also would have to remove the calipers and reorient them to bleed the system, which was a small pain, but it all worked, so...
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
mojo

Post by mojo »

i dont have have the stock handle i read some where a nissan sentra handle ? what cables ?