Scotty's 13bpp '71

View and post your 510 project(s)
two_68_510s
Supporter

Re: Scotty's 13bpp '71

Post by two_68_510s »

Man that is exciting, good looking building.
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
Track Junky
Supporter

Post by Track Junky »

Thanks guys! It's a descent size shop 30x40 with 20' ceiling. Started moving stuff a couple weekends ago, its funny cause I found stuff while moving that I didn't even realize I bought! tools/equipment/welding supplies etc...The 510 met its new home yesterday, she loves it lol! It just feels great to finally own my own space and not have to worry about anyone tell me what I can and can't do. It's zoned M1 industrial, meaning I can hammer on shit all night without someone telling me to knock it off lol!

Pics to come when I get all my shit sorted out.

Scott.
Track Junky
Supporter

Post by Track Junky »

Random shot prior to moving things. Last time its ever gonna look like this (empty). lol!

Scott.

Image[/URL]
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Gaaaaawd!

I can't wait to be in your shoes Scott.
Hopefully in the next year I will be where you are now.
My goal is to be in a house in the next 6 months with a yard, then start building the shop right away. It's first priority because I'm wasting money having my machines sit in a container in random yard... outside in the cold.

Look forward to your progress.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
Track Junky
Supporter

Post by Track Junky »

Thanks Byron, sounds like you have a solid plan. Good luck to you and your upcoming purchase!

Scott.
Track Junky
Supporter

Post by Track Junky »

I decided that I wanted to build a chassis for my tubing bender, making it easy to move around the shop and out of my way when not in use, plus I did not want to hard mount it to the concrete. Its made from 4x4" .120" wall tubing, harbor freight ram air over hydro and a 22" throw. I can almost make a 90 on one shot without moving the advance pin. Im happy with it and it works great!!

collapsed:

Extended:

Scott.
510wizard
Supporter

Post by 510wizard »

Don't you just love those furniture dollies! We need a video of you using that bender.
Track Junky
Supporter

Post by Track Junky »

Video??? well since I don't have a compressor hooked up yet it would be a vid of me pumping the handle manually literally 100 times. Maybe speed the film up and play Benny Hill theme song in the background lol!!

Scott.
Track Junky
Supporter

Post by Track Junky »

I ordered a set of these in a custom width/offset from Bogart Racing to match the set of knuckles I will be using for my new suspension set up. Im a few weeks out from delivery but very eager to get these so I can start the mock up/lay out of the new running gear.

Scott.

Sleepys-14

Post by Sleepys-14 »

I need these in my life!
Beer... The cause of, and solution to, all of lives problems- Homer Simpson
Track Junky
Supporter

Post by Track Junky »

Small shop update. most of my stuff is moved in as of now except my mill and other small misc bits. Built a new build table out of MDF and metal stud and 4x4 legs, pretty stout table, nice and level with no bow to it whatsoever. I got this idea from the Locost forums I frequent. Car is set at ride height, time to start building a full tube chassis double wishbone front and rear suspension. Should be done by 2025 at the rate I'm going!

Scott.

Track Junky
Supporter

Post by Track Junky »

These finally came in. Very happy with the fit and finish!

Scott.

Track Junky
Supporter

Post by Track Junky »

And the start to the rear irs, im using an late model sti diff and miata knuckles. There will be a ton more fab for this assembly, bracing, pick up points, etc... I should have taken a pic of the jig I made, that was a ton of fab too.

I really need to start a for sale thread to get rid of all the stuff im no longer using for the build.

Scott.

duke
Supporter

Post by duke »

Damn those wheels are sweet! What size did you go with? And did you get a chance to weight them before you got the tires mounted?

Is that the intended ride height mocked up in the background? I really hope so!
Duke Schimmer

'72 2-Door 510
"Simplify and add lightness."
510wizard
Supporter

Post by 510wizard »

Track Junky wrote:And the start to the rear irs, im using an late model sti diff and miata knuckles. There will be a ton more fab for this assembly, bracing, pick up points, etc... I should have taken a pic of the jig I made, that was a ton of fab too.

I really need to start a for sale thread to get rid of all the stuff im no longer using for the build.

Scott.

I think that I have seen something very similar before :)