First drive of the year

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
RONSLYCHUK
Supporter

Re: First drive of the year

Post by RONSLYCHUK »

Hey Keith,I usually get there around 8 am.the earlier the better. The best spots are to your right come in and try to get in the shade of the trees. If you end up on the hill it gets pretty hot in the sun.Have fun and enjoy all the cars!
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Thanks Ron, I knew you would be lurking here..on the drug called the 510Realm....

Yah, I think I will shoot to be on 7th by 7:00 AM, as they have a new entrance? this year. I will leave the plant around 6:00, usually takes me an hour to Mission. Take a thermos of coffee and some food.
http://www.oldcarsunday.ca/images/OCS_D ... _Map_1.pdf

I won't mind being out in the sun, plus the trees won't drip on my car. Sap is a major deal this year as the trees try to protect themselves from such a dry, hot spring.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
gooned

Post by gooned »

bertvorgon wrote:Thanks Ron, I knew you would be lurking here..on the drug called the 510Realm....

I won't mind being out in the sun, plus the trees won't drip on my car. Sap is a major deal this year as the trees try to protect themselves from such a dry, hot spring.
As we arn't camping this year on dad's day (first time in many years :cry: ) we may show up to wander through, I wasn't clued into why my truck is getting nasty parked on the driveway like never before...mother nature working hard eh?
RONSLYCHUK
Supporter

Post by RONSLYCHUK »

Hey Keith,you should be there around eight am.When you get to the registration point,keep to the right and try to get in amongst the trees. It is a lot cooler there. If you are on the flat spot or the hill it gets quite warm if it is sunny. Enjoy all the cool cars! Sorry for the double post the Internet is messing with me!
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Ok, so who wants to go to the car show in the morning? I think I will go, leaving the plant at about 6:00-6:30. The site says it is open at 7 for cars.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

I'll go in morning. Do you want to meet up somewhere? How about the Esso station on the East side of the Pitt River bridge. Same as Stave Falls cruise last year?
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

That won't work, as I am going to head out the south perimeter road to #1, then just cruise out to Abbotsford, and over the Mission bridge. James might come along also.

If you turn left on Cedar Valley Connector ( Right takes you to the race track and Mission Bridge ), there should be a Tim Horton's just up the street. This is the way to hook onto 7th, which takes us to the entrance of the Heritage Park. I will meet you there.

Keith Law
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

Ok. What time approximately?
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I'm thinking I should be there by 7:15 - 7:30, traffic should be light at this time of the day, even though Abbotsford.

Keith Law
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

Sounds good. See U there.

Working on getting stereo installed today. Almost there.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

STEREO...Whats that?

Keith Law
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

Stereo = SP3 drivers listening to " Bohemian Rhapsody " cranked to ELEVEN to turn sub 2 minutes at Knox. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Chickenman on 21 Jun 2015 00:34, edited 1 time in total.
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

" Free Bird " by Lynard Skynard also works... but you have to launch at the tempo change.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
McShagger510

Post by McShagger510 »

I'm out.
No time to get the car cleaned up today and tomorrow looks like a great day to do some shop 'cleaning'. :wink:
You boys have fun now, ya hear.

James
The person with the sun in their eyes has the right of way. - my brother

'72 2dr. 510 Turbo
'73 240Z all stock
'71 2dr. 510 stock......for now
'91 Nissan truck *SOLD*
'02 TOYOTA Tacoma
'78 Kawasaki Z1-R
'84 Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo
'99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

Hey Keith. It's 2:30 AM in the morning and I finally got the head unit fitted into the Console. Unfortunately console is still sitting in my Living Room.

Have alarm set for 6:00 AM , but going to be dragging my arse. If I'm not at Timmies by 7:30 AM just leave and I should be there soon after. Can you save me a spot? I'll just throw console in car and finish the install at Mission.

Does your Cell phone take text messages? I'll text when loaded and leaving. What is your Cell #. Not sure if I have it.

Richard