Post your temperature

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post your temperature

Post by bertvorgon »

Silly thread, but, as we bake in B.C. here, it is getting quiet serious. I have never seen it this hot in White Rock, now touching 30C. on my porch.

We have three forest fires burning not all that far from Vancouver and now the smoke haze is very bad, you can smell it in the air. The whole lower mainland is just socked in with the smoke. Two-three fires on the Island and one big one north west of Pemberton.

When I got up at 5:00 Am this morning, it was 20C. on my porch. Most flowering plants in our garden have done that, normally not till end of July and August. I was mountain biking in our local forest last week and the trees in there are starting to get that late summer look already.
Attachments
IMGP0119 (Large).JPG
IMGP0119 (Large).JPG (186.34 KiB) Viewed 4130 times
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
RONSLYCHUK
Supporter

Re: Post your temperature

Post by RONSLYCHUK »

We are at Black Mountain Ranch right now.It is 33 in the shade. It was 23 at 8 am this morning. No smoke here.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

32C now on my porch ( 4:44 )

Your lucky Ron, just horrible here in White Rock right now, I can hardly see Blaine from my place.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
two_68_510s
Supporter

Post by two_68_510s »

Now for information that makes no difference: Ben Lomond CA 37.0828° N, 122.0836° W 22.11 C
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (167.4 KiB) Viewed 4123 times
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

32c here in east van with a thick layer of smoke.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

I thought it was the end times Keith. The sun is orange and shadows are bluish when biking home today. (smoke explains this) It not hot just mild to half warm. Sky is bright white. Welcome relief from the heat of the last few days.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

End of times no kidding, we started to load the shotguns this morning and pull up the zombie barricades. Water...you have to make sure you have lots of water..and food..and machetes for when the ammo runs out....

Funny, they just put up the air quality alert, I could have told them that this morning, what part of an orange sun and you can't see the building across the street don't you get.

Blaine has disappeared now, only 2 Km away, holy cow that is bad.

Keep posting your temps wherever you are!

Keith Law
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

just drove back from Langley. it was like driving into a fog bank. I almost pulled over to remove the covers off the cibie fogs.
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Seeing as how this is my thread, I will hijack it for a minute..Robyn, drag Mandy over to the computer and show her this picture of my "terrarium" in that bottle we dug up in the Ashlu, I had told her about that. I just gave it a shot of water today, it has it's own micro climate in that bottle, so cool that it is still going ok. It has grown an inch in 9 months.
Attachments
IMGP0121 (Large).JPG
IMGP0121 (Large).JPG (182.69 KiB) Viewed 4103 times
IMGP0120 (Large).JPG
IMGP0120 (Large).JPG (135.17 KiB) Viewed 4103 times

Keith Law
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Weather says it's 29 feels like 30 here but that can't be right. Feels mild under a smoke umbrella. Hear there is a fire over at Sprout Lake just over the Beauforts from me. Can't see Texada Island or Lesquetti to the south. Hope tomorrow is this nice.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

so cool bert

a shot of the smoke Image
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
gooned

Post by gooned »

No outside temp but it's still hotter out than in at 10:15 tonight, gonna leave the windows shut tonight till early morn. Man did the smoke settle in here at dinner time, no sunset to speak of tonight which was really spooky...just got grey & dim. Just looked. At the 14day, no showers in sight, we have a deep ravine in he backyard and have stopped getting dew the last couple mornings, man it's just way too dry!
McShagger510

Post by McShagger510 »

:evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
2014-09-24_15-44-34_265.jpg
2014-09-24_15-44-34_265.jpg (101.23 KiB) Viewed 4066 times
The person with the sun in their eyes has the right of way. - my brother

'72 2dr. 510 Turbo
'73 240Z all stock
'71 2dr. 510 stock......for now
'91 Nissan truck *SOLD*
'02 TOYOTA Tacoma
'78 Kawasaki Z1-R
'84 Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo
'99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

We had 36 in Maple Ridge today according to the car. It's midnight and it officially says 22, but my deck says 26.

The smoke was thick at 7am when I got up. The smell of burning Forrest was right there. As I live closer to the mountains, I thought that maybe a fire broke out right here close to home. Turns out this smoke is from hundreds of Kms away!

It's warm, and there's a lack of any airconditioners for sale. I did a complete trailer park installation of a 12k BTU into a door in my house (the door is a removable panel as I see it - bought a better insulated door for $25 on Craigslist, spent a day aligning the hinges so that both doors are interchangeable by simply pulling the pins and walla - instant replaceable panel). The house had reached 30 inside last weekend and I broke. I could no longer cool it no mater how many windows were open or how many fans I used (5 In operatio). The Air con unit is way undersized unit, but it took the house from 30 degrees last Saturday to a late afternoon 22 degrees with is comfortable. My BC Hydro bill is traceable by the day, and my usage just tripled though. But my family can sleep at night now which makes it worth it.
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

That's neat guys, keep it coming.

We broke a record in White Rock yesterday at 34C., temp peaked at about 6:30 PM.

Still smoky this morning, looks like we have few more days before the winds shift.

Hey James, talked to your Dad yesterday at the boat shed in Steveston. Nice to see him.

Sproat Lake and the Elaho/Boulder Creek fires are what is getting us. Winds bringing it in as it sweep from the north, then does it's circle up into the lower mainland.

Keith Law