2015 Vancouver All Nissan Meet August 9th, Ship Builders Square

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
Byron510

2015 Vancouver All Nissan Meet August 9th, Ship Builders Square

Post by Byron510 »

The 2015 All Nissan Meet is a go.

The venue in North Vancouver at the Ship Builders Square has worked well for us in recent years, and although I was worried that we would outgrow the venue, to date this hasn’t been a concern.

I am looking for a few good volunteers this year to step up and pitch in. There are a few guys/gals that always lend a hand, however I am looking for a few people that can switch out thought the day. A few folks to man a radio to park cars is a pretty leisurely job, and a few people at registration is always helpful.
The signage I usually take care of prior to the day starting, and I get the registration forms and ballots all ready to go in the weeks prior. Of course a few people to count ballots at the mid-day point which makes the awards possible. If you can pitch in, I’d be very appreciative. Drop me a PM.

Trophies will be cups with artwork this year featuring a classic Nissan.

The show is open to all Nissan vehicles of any vintage.

Classes will be;

Vintage - Models in production prior to 1970
Classic - Sedan & Wagon (1970-1984)
Classic - Sport Coupe (1970-1984)
Modern - Sedan & Wagon (1985 an newer)
Modern - Sport Coupe (1985 an newer)
Truck / SUV – All 1968 and newer - except Vintage as noted above

The Shipbuilders Square is a beautiful location, situated on the North Shore of the Burrard inlet with a wharf right out into the water. This site, as the name implies, was a shipyard and made into a park in 2011. The ANM has the distinction to be the first car show at this site upon it's completion. This will be the 5th year we have the show at this location, located 3 blocks east of Waterfront Park where we had previously held the show since 1996. The parking at Shipbuilders Square is on clean concrete right on the ocean’s edge. Amenities close to the site include the Lonsdale Quay which has a full market for food and shopping, as well as the many boutique shops right along Esplanade Ave.

Registration starts at 9am, with ballots being counted at 1pm and awards to soon follow. Cost to register in the show is $20

We encourage any enthusiast with a Nissan vehicle to attend, it's a great place to meet and show off your ride, and talk with some of the most enthusiastic owners in the area.

Unfortunately the Auto-X portion of the event was not rolled into the event. I would like to see this happen, but honestly having just purchased a house this year and in the process of building a garage – I’ll admit I didn’t get on it. If there is a volunteer to take up this portion for next year, I’d love the help. We look to reincorporate the Auto-X into future events again.

We look forward to seeing you all local enthusiast attend.

Byron Meston
Attachments
IMG_3410 (Medium).jpg
IMG_3410 (Medium).jpg (206.81 KiB) Viewed 6019 times
IMG_3412 (Medium).jpg
IMG_3412 (Medium).jpg (209.95 KiB) Viewed 6019 times
A couple of long card hot wheels to give you a sense of scale.
A couple of long card hot wheels to give you a sense of scale.
IMG_3414 (Medium).jpg (227.65 KiB) Viewed 6019 times
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Re: 2015 Vancouver All Nissan Meet August 9th, Ship Builders Square

Post by funwithmonkeys »

Again I will be coming back to town the day of the meet. I'm camping in the Okanagan as long as it's not on fire. I should be able to make in back early afternoon to bring my car out. I need to plan my summer trips better I think.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Good day all,

Hope you are planning to attend our August 9th local car show here in Vancouver BC, either as a spectator or an entrant.

The classes are set - trophies order for this year’s event - I'll post photos when I receive them. I'll have proofs of the trophies this coming Friday. We're going for cups this year, changing it up a bit. You'll love 'em.

I am still looking for a couple volunteers to help out throughout the day, do contact me if you can pitch in - it'd be appreciated.

Goodies have been offered by Glen at West Coast Nissan, so this will supplement the awards.

I am looking to contact the later model crowd. I have direct contacts for the Roadster and Z car guys; Cam and Rich - can you contact me with or update some later model and JDM groups regarding the evet - keep me posted as I’d really like to see these guys attaend - thanks.

Take care all, this event is just over 2 weeks away.

Byron
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

see ya there in 6inches of rust. radio flyer is being used as storage for the 68.....hmm if I brought my Datsaru could I slip it in to modern sedan and wagon ?Image
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Not... sorry :D

6" will work :D

Looking for later model and JDM contacts out there guys, love to see me join us this year as these two group really fell off the last couple of years. I actually threw away trophies last year from these guys which was a shame.

Byron
McShagger510

Post by McShagger510 »

I can help out in morning - set up the signs again, park cars…..

James
The person with the sun in their eyes has the right of way. - my brother

'72 2dr. 510 Turbo
'73 240Z all stock
'71 2dr. 510 stock......for now
'91 Nissan truck *SOLD*
'02 TOYOTA Tacoma
'78 Kawasaki Z1-R
'84 Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo
'99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

Going to be tricky washing car and waxing with Stage 3 watering restrictions. May have to Bucket wash at the local Car Wash at 3:00 AM....
LifelikeStatue

Post by LifelikeStatue »

Is there an 'In Progress' or, more accurately, a beater category? I'd love to come out but my 510 isn't what you would call show condition. More "Holy crap you drive that thing?" condition.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Absolutely, bring it out.

If you can drive it, we'd love to see it!

Byron
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Picked up the trophies the other day - they look great. And yes that cup is metal.
I bought some really nice trophies this year for the show, posted a sample above in the fir post of the thread.
There are 16 trophies in total, they'll look good spread out at the show. They'll look better on your mantle!

See you next Sunday.

Byron
butters68
Supporter

Post by butters68 »

yes, any condition is cool.its more about the getting out and having a fun day thing. maybe a bench race or two.
ding ding dong dong all night long long.
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

I'm looking forward to checking out all the Technical details on the cars. Got some changes planned for the Z . Scored a HalTech EV-11 on E-Bay and will be updating the FI this winter. Byron... I'll be picking your brain for sure!! You too Keith.

Maybe CV halfshafts for the Z as well this winter.
CarlosNX

Post by CarlosNX »

I can help out if needed.
Got Boost???
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Thanks Carlos, if you are available on Sunday, that would be great.

You are brining out your killer drag NX right? No to many 10 second FWD cars around, I am sure many would love to see it.

Byron
zKars
Supporter

Post by zKars »

I actually have this weekend free. Hmmm, make like old times and make a fast run out there and back? yah, why not!! Wait, I'm retired, I can take my sweet time....

Won't be in a 510 (need one more winter....), but the Z is raring to go. Haven't been to this show since it was at the prior venue. Too long.

So I should bring a can of this new "dry' car wash stuff? Things are a bit dry out there, eh?

And I'd be honoured to contribute in any way you can use me. Well, not ANY way.... :wink:
Last edited by zKars on 04 Aug 2015 06:14, edited 1 time in total.