OctoberFast 2015

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
2DoorJim
Supporter

Re: OctoberFast 2015

Post by 2DoorJim »

Wow, that last shot of the mountain peaks in the background is spectacular.

I think your guys cruise included more 510s than there is in all of Alberta!

Sure enjoy the write ups an pictures.
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

I went to post some of my Pictures and found that they were all kind of Blah . Strange since it usually takes great pictures ( Nikon CoolPix L120 ). Then I found that the Panoramic setting reduces the Image quality from 14M to 10M. Grrrrr..

So far my Shopping list for the car because of this trip includes:

1: New coil-overs up front and possibly rear.

2: New linear springs up front probably in the 250 range. The Eibach front springs are progressive, which is just stooopid up front. Front end feels all " wallowy " in corners and I have big sway bars on the car.

3: Camber plates. I've found some neat ones on E-Bay that bolt into the stock mounts and require no cutting at all. Doesn't give you as much adjustment as some, but I'm mainly buying them to gain some strut travel. I don't want to shorten the struts if I don't have to.

4: Needle bearing Top spring hats from Techno toys.

5: A spare set of used 280Z front struts to modify off the car. I found some on E-Bay for about $235 USD shipped.

6: Probably change tires. My 225/50x16's ar too tall. 24.9" I'm looking at going to some 205/45 x16's ( 23.1" to 23.3" ) or 215/45x16's ( 23.6" )

Maybe I should call Andy and see what he charges for Coil over conversions. I blame Keith for all of this. I'm sure he will loan me the money for this project... :wink:
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

OH...OH...shades of the Cannonball days...... :lol:

Campbell was in yesterday.."Ev had a Dodge!" came up, as did the infamous cyanide pill episode....good times.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

The Cyanide Pill Episode? I don't think I've ever heard that one. Do tell us another story Mr. Gadget :D