Lift is in, car in air...

View and post your 510 project(s)
Byron510

Re: Lift is in, car in air...

Post by Byron510 »

Drove by the Camano Island exit off the I-5 on Sunday coming back from Portland with my new project in tow, and thought of you right away.

Hopefully the new house shop fits the bill - when it's found.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
Camano510
Supporter

Post by Camano510 »

It better. I'm the one designing it! We have the lot- Going to have the house and shop built over the next year (or so....).

New project? You act like you don't have enough of them.....
Darryl Cavanaugh
"There is no such thing as free school. Every lesson learned cost me some form of 'tuition'. Time, money, or pain. Sometimes all three".
71 510 2dr father/son project
Camano510
Supporter

Post by Camano510 »

Greetings from Warsaw, Poland. 2 months worth of 787 stuff....

Got sold, moved into the rental, projects stored. I have to admit it has not set in that I don't have 3000 sq ft of shop with a lift anymore....

Met the architect we will be using, put him on retainer for my plans, and will be communicating from here regularly to have a set of plans ready to submit for permits when (or before) I get home. Gotta love the World Wide Web when it comes to this type of thing.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (165.51 KiB) Viewed 5617 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (165.51 KiB) Viewed 5617 times
Darryl Cavanaugh
"There is no such thing as free school. Every lesson learned cost me some form of 'tuition'. Time, money, or pain. Sometimes all three".
Camano510
Supporter

Post by Camano510 »

Not sure why it doubled this pic.....
Darryl Cavanaugh
WxMan
Supporter

Post by WxMan »

The doubling is less troubling than the inversion. I guess I'll just flip the laptop upside down.
The company motto seems to be "We're not happy 'till you're not happy."
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

I like the tow vehicle, is that yours?

Damn, I haven't even moved into my shop yet and can't imagine leaving it behind.

Best of luck with the new place, I'd guess you'll be on a 1.5-2 year program before moving in? Might be time to change the title on your thread here. And best of luck on your new assignment in Poland.. You are a well traveled man.

Byron
510rob

Post by 510rob »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (148.3 KiB) Viewed 5579 times
Camano510
Supporter

Post by Camano510 »

Weird. Shows right side up on my post...?

The tow rig is not mine. Even better- it's my good friend's, who let's me use it anytime I need it. Even better because all I do is wash it, and bring it back full of fuel whenever I use it. I did rebuild the side boards last year when I had it for a couple days. They were in pretty rough shape, and I had a bunch of treated lumber left over from the deck build. This is the same friend who has my 40 container on his property, where all the shop stuff is waiting.

You are right- 'Lift is in' doesn't apply currently, and won't for at least 18 months....

Poland is a nice city. Lots of history, and the people are very nice. The excessive amount of attractive women doesn't hurt its cause, either.
Darryl Cavanaugh
defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes »

Isn't Poland a country...unless you're in Poland, Poland?
Camano510
Supporter

Post by Camano510 »

Ha! Good catch..... Warsaw..... Long days, limited brain cells. I won't even try to blame jet lag, or too much Vodka, although the second excuse, well.......
Darryl Cavanaugh
Camano510
Supporter

Post by Camano510 »

Happy 5/10 day from Warsaw. Shockingly, no Datsuns running around here. Weird.
Darryl Cavanaugh
SteveEdmonton
Supporter

Post by SteveEdmonton »

What about old Ladas? Obviously Poland and Ukraine are significantly different in lots of ways, but I was surprised how many OLD Ladas were running around in Odessa when I was there a couple of months ago.

Here's one of the nicer ones-- a 1500 from the early 1980s. Based on the Fiat 124 of course, but to the untrained eye there's a certain resemblance to the 510...
IMG_1390 comp.jpg
IMG_1390 comp.jpg (172.5 KiB) Viewed 5377 times
A somewhat newer Lada 1500, in a stereotypical Lada scene....
IMG_1373 crop-comp.jpg
IMG_1373 crop-comp.jpg (173.37 KiB) Viewed 5377 times
And one of those totally screwball Soviet specials, a Zaporozhet 968M, rear engine, funky stance, and all.
IMG_1418 comp.jpg
IMG_1418 comp.jpg (196.26 KiB) Viewed 5377 times
Sorry for the thread-jack! 8) Now, back to the programming in progress...
'71 4-door
'74 MGB-GT
'04 Miata
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

We come here for airplane repair news, now! :)
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
Camano510
Supporter

Post by Camano510 »

No real aircraft 'repair' to report. Just reliability mods..... Nothing sexy.

I did see a fleet of the Lada's painted as taxi's for some tour that was leaving from the hotel one afternoon. Cool little sedans. That rear-engined Russian car could be super cool.... STi driveline with the front drive only, sitting in the back.... Can you say off-throttle oversteer?
Darryl Cavanaugh
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Camano510 wrote:No real aircraft 'repair' to report. Just reliability mods..... Nothing sexy.

I did see a fleet of the Lada's painted as taxi's for some tour that was leaving from the hotel one afternoon. Cool little sedans. That rear-engined Russian car could be super cool.... STi driveline with the front drive only, sitting in the back.... Can you say off-throttle oversteer?
It's funny you mention that mod - I have often considered that set up in other cars that we have here in North America, but Subi Trannies blow up without even trying!

Byron