Speed Kills???

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
Byron510

Speed Kills???

Post by Byron510 »

Yes - it does....

OK, the internet is full of stupid things that people do. This past week it's Coffee and Car burnouts in Mustangs that go wrong and the like. People would say - 'Man sucks to be an idiot like you'.

But this one link below in Russia takes the cake. I'm surprised that the crowd here is a calm as they are.

This is gory - there are two dead guys in pain view, so if you are the queasy type - don't even bother hitting the link. Just leave it. The driver was clearly done, they don't even try to work on him. The passengers forehead is missing a chuck - they're both done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zp6sz2GBvs

This is stupidity at it's best/worst. From an engineering point of view, what amazes me is the location of the pole relative to the car. I realize a Ferrari is a mid engine car, but still this is not something I have ever seen before. Makes me shake my head. Maybe I'm just getting a bit older, but to think this level of stupidity is alive and well on the street is just unfathomable.

I have sat here for 20 minutes feeling just numb.

Be safe.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
WxMan
Supporter

Re: Speed Kills???

Post by WxMan »

Oh boy. Heed the warnings. I lasted about 20 seconds and was out.

That seems like a relatively busy road. How fast were they going? Fast enough I guess...
The company motto seems to be "We're not happy 'till you're not happy."
James

Post by James »

I am curious - but will probably not watch.

Even without speed people do stupid stuff.
There was a swap meet probably 15 years ago, and a freshly done 510 with a rotary (as I remember) was revving his engine to the moon. He dropped the clutch and it exploded. I wasn't near the car, but it sent shrapnel up and really damaged the hood, and took chunks out of the asphalt. Other pieces went flying every which way - could have taken out legs etc. Luckily no one was hit.....

I do think we have gotten to (maybe we always have been) a culture of glamorizing the insane and all of its inherent carnage....
Finished is better than perfect......
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Accident: The unforeseen consequences of known causes.

Didn't see any rubber marks or seat belts.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

My clinical side wondered how do they cut the body out? That whole car will have to be dismantled. I cannot believe that pole was as immovable as it looked.

When I was 14 and started driving, my dad was in the Insurance business and used to put on talks and show those films showing car accidents...the bad ones. He took me to one of those, to point out the consequences of both drinking and driving, and of course the general REAL carnage of what happens, and that was in 1964 before seat belts, air bags and collapsible steering columns. I can to this day still see that film and pieces of human torsos being dragged off the highway by State troopers.

did it make me a safer driver....It sure made me aware of the physics when it all goes wrong.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Speed doesn't kill. Irresponsible speed kills.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

okayfine wrote:Speed doesn't kill. Irresponsible speed kills.
I 100% agree, and this is addressed in my original thread;
Byron510 wrote:
This is stupidity at its best/worst.
The only good thing coming of this is that the scene (as far as we know) didn’t involve more injuries or fatalities other than shown in the car.

If the car had that much energy to embed itself around a pole strait through the middle of the car to the point where the back window was, can you imagine it hitting an older car, say a Lada or Skoda of which there are many of in Russia , in a head on or even rear ended direction, full of someone family? It’s just insanity, I have no words for it...

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
butters68
Supporter

Post by butters68 »

watched the whole video, not that gory.the dudes arm looked a lot rubbery, like shattered bones in there.
ding ding dong dong all night long long.
2DoorJim
Supporter

Post by 2DoorJim »

Watched the video through the end, then youtube automatically played the next video which I presume was the owner of the car as it was the same car with the decal on the door, perhaps an older video reposted by someone. Hard to take that in.
McShagger510

Post by McShagger510 »

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
The person with the sun in their eyes has the right of way. - my brother

'72 2dr. 510 Turbo
'73 240Z all stock
'71 2dr. 510 stock......for now
'91 Nissan truck *SOLD*
'02 TOYOTA Tacoma
'78 Kawasaki Z1-R
'84 Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo
'99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
butters68
Supporter

Post by butters68 »

i bet the Paul walker crash was just as bad.
ding ding dong dong all night long long.