Hitachi Radio

General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
EJ333

Hitachi Radio

Post by EJ333 »

I have the original Hitachi AM radio in the dash that was left in the dash non-operational with no speaker(s) or antenna in my '68 510.
If I buy an antenna and leave it in the glove box and hook up a single speaker, can I get decent enough reception to listen to AM news when the car is parked ?
RMS
Supporter

Re: Hitachi Radio

Post by RMS »

it should, can we get a pic of this 68 radio...if your going to stick it in the glove box any deck will do or an amp with a coax to mini ..... then an I thing can get plugged in
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Original AM radio is going to be iffy with the antenna in the glove box. Whitebird had the stock AM radio and the antenna in the fender. When the antenna was collapsed, there was little reception, and it was still outside and 3" tall when collapsed. Might get a signal depending on other factors, but I wouldn't count on fidelity amplitude modulation.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

RMS wrote:it should, can we get a pic of this 68 radio...if your going to stick it in the glove box any deck will do or an amp with a coax to mini ..... then an I thing can get plugged in
I agree with Robyn, I'd love to see a photo of your 68 radio.
Here in Canada there doesn't seem to be a standard radio for 68. The 69-72 AM Hitachi radios were pretty much unchanged. There was a single speaker standard, and a rear speaker option as far as I know.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.