Bodywork in SF/Bay Area?

Paint, body preparation and modification, interior work and electrical
awsnap

Bodywork in SF/Bay Area?

Post by awsnap »

Picked up this 2-door 510 in need of some front end repair. Picked up a rad support plus, from Troy Ermish this morning, thanks Troy. Looking for a recommendation for body shop in Nor Cal, Bay Area that might be able to either replace the support or weld in the front clip, or recommendations on which route is best. Thanks!

And the new piece:

Appreciate any suggestions
RMS
Supporter

Re: Bodywork in SF/Bay Area?

Post by RMS »

if your not having the car completely striped and painted, block the wheels/ tie the car down and give it a yank with the blazer. then dolly out the rest.
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

That'll be a million dollars, approximately.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
awsnap

Post by awsnap »

RMS wrote:if your not having the car completely striped and painted, block the wheels/ tie the car down and give it a yank with the blazer. then dolly out the rest.
I totally wish I knew what you were talking about
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

awsnap wrote:
RMS wrote:if your not having the car completely striped and painted, block the wheels/ tie the car down and give it a yank with the blazer. then dolly out the rest.
I totally wish I knew what you were talking about
Pulling the passengers side out straight, straightening it out. You could pickup a couple cabled comalongs or a hydralic porta power and do that but I'd first remove the front facia. But then that front clip you got from Troy may be easier to adapt.
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon