R200 CV type pinion flange

Engine, Transmission and related drivetrain.
broke

R200 CV type pinion flange

Post by broke »

I've seen a car on here that used a CV joint type pinion flange for the R200 diff. I've searched but can't seem to find it again. Apparently they're really good for keeping driveshaft vibrations down.

Anyway, since my R200 CLSD is being rebuilt at present and I live in the land of cheap RB powered cars I decided to pick up one of these CV pinion flanges and the driveshaft that goes with it. Trouble is, the pinion flange doesn't fit through the hole in the crossmember. Is it possible that there is a "large" and "small" version of this flange? Or am I missing something totally obvious here? - because I find it hard to believe that the last guy who did this actually installed his diff with no pinion flange and the did it up in the crossmember. But then again, maybe he did..... What say you, 510 Realm?
The IDx 10 concept is based on the 510 in the same way that the urinating I was doing last night was based on a 30 yr old single-malt scotch.
-McWicked
Cmac

Re: R200 CV type pinion flange

Post by Cmac »

GTR R32 flange can be found on many JDM cars and is still available from Nissan.

Yes you do have to install the flange after the diff is installed in the cross member.
JordanTr

Post by JordanTr »

+1 on C Mac
'72 2 door KA project | S14 Silvia RB25DET | S14 RB26DETT (sold) | '90 Audi 90Q20V (sold)
toylet
Supporter

Post by toylet »

I didn't know it was still available from Nissan. What's the part number?
toylet
Supporter

Post by toylet »

Anyone have FAST? I dont
broke

Post by broke »

No, but I think you'll find it's 38210-10M15. I could be wrong though.
The IDx 10 concept is based on the 510 in the same way that the urinating I was doing last night was based on a 30 yr old single-malt scotch.
-McWicked
broke

Post by broke »

Well it turns out that there is a "large" and "small" version of these flanges. Here is the one I have compared to a standard R200 UJ flange, you can clearly see how much larger the area that the seal rides on is.

And here you can see how it's meant for a larger diameter pinion shaft than the long nose R200 one

The guy did say at the time that it was off a R33 GTR N1 but I just assumed he was BS'ing. Maybe there was some truth to what he was saying after all? I can't find any information online about them so I'm just guessing.
-McWicked
toylet
Supporter

Post by toylet »

you got one from a Z32 fits a R230 ..those are easy to find.