what valve spring compressor should I buy ?

General & Technical discussion about other Nissan/Datsun cars
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

this:Image
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Midlock-On-Ca ... 0153769732
or

this:Image
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sealey-Valve-Sp ... 1597079803

any other options known ? lordco could not help
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
okayfine
Supporter

Re: what valve spring compressor should I buy ?

Post by okayfine »

The second one has an adjustable angle for the handle. I made my own and originally had a straight handle. When I tried to use it I found I ran out of room to depress the handle without it being angled up.
IMG_3975.jpg
IMG_3975.jpg (227.62 KiB) Viewed 5906 times
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

did you use a hole saw to make the hooks ?
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

I don't remember. It doesn't look like I did, but I definitely should have. That part wasn't a problem, but I also believe I eventually cut a notch into the compressor piece similar to the notched replacement arm on the top version in your OP. Been a while since I used it, so details escape me.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
datsun510

Post by datsun510 »

I use the factory valve spring compressor that was available from Datsun Comp many years ago.

okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Looks like the factory tool has a much longer spring compressor piece, which would mitigate my angle issues. OP's top compressor choice with the spring compressor piece mounted in the tallest config might replicate the OE positioning.