50 Shades of Grey....

View and post your 510 project(s)
Byron510

Re: 50 Shades of Grey....

Post by Byron510 »

Grinder wrote:Oh I'll have to fix it when I get home - does this one work?

https://youtu.be/X0xwtvlvPzc
Kurk, does the injector need fuel in them for lubrication or cooling? Or would it take some time to actually heat them up. Just curious as the cycles are still pretty high.

Cool set up for sure. With the injectors in place, what kind of air flow and HP are you limited to with this set up?
I'll assume the ECM is Megasquirt?

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
Grinder

Post by Grinder »

This is running MS3X - you need the 3X for full sequential fuel AND staged injection running all eight injectors.

I'm not sure about lubrication but the injectors don't get hot at all. I have a couple of injectors I've been running dry for years on my test bench.
Grinder

Post by Grinder »

Engine time - LZ22 with EFI and ITBs is the plan.... today :)

Z22 block

Getting there...

Hmmm Fire Red looks more like Metalic Strawberry to me.... ready to hone the cylinders and clean the deck

U67 head tear down. Looks like the bronze intake valve seats have pounded themselves to death - time to upgrade to 44mm 280Z valves :)

Testing options for optical distributor for crank/cam angle sensors. To run full sequential spark and/or fuel we need both crank and cam timing. This setup is an 1982-83 L28ET optical dizzy and stock matching oil pump spindle with no pedestal.