L20 Intake Gasket Opinions

Engine, Transmission and related drivetrain.
Button

L20 Intake Gasket Opinions

Post by Button »

What brand are you guys using for your intake gaskets? I picked up a Felpro one but I would prefer not to deal with exhaust leaks so I thought I would check to see if there is a better option before I install the one I have.

I did see one post where Julian, mentioned that the Felpro had bigger intake openings but other than that my search here didn't yield much.
okayfine
Supporter

Re: L20 Intake Gasket Opinions

Post by okayfine »

Felpro's L-series gasket has 1.5" intake port openings. With flat mating surfaces, I haven't heard of regular issues with exhaust leaks. The Nissan gasket was also available and is also good quality. I'm not sure if there's a more "modern" gasket out there like a full copper one. Can't see it being worth the extra money for a street L-series.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
Button

Post by Button »

Thanks Julian. I will stick with the Fellpro since I have them. Does anyone know where to acquire a proper Nissan one? Directly from Nissan?
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Probably not TO Nissan, I didn't have good luck there the couple times it took me to learn my lesson. Chad at Chico Nissan would be your best bet. I'm sure you can get it online as well, but I don't have the part number handy.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
Button

Post by Button »

I couldn't even find the info for TO Nissan recently, their site kept sending me to the Simi store. I called over there, to get new motor mounts and they said they could get them but the price they quoted was way more expensive then I could find elsewhere online.

For the intake gasket I will look around online some more to find a part number and from there call up Chad.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Chad won't need you to give him a p/n. Heck, he probably knows it. That's the beauty of dealing with someone who's interested in helping 510ers.
Button

Post by Button »

Ahhh - good to know.